Chapter 5

After a long week of going to school, doing multiple assignments for me and robin, driving people around and being the best big sister I decided I was going to treat myself, alone.

I gave Dustin and Mike 10 dollars to order a pizza for themselves after DnD and left. I brought my favorite tape and went on a nice, night drive.

After deciding I used enough gas I stopped at a local burger shop, which was a pretty popular area since it was right next to a busy bar. Right after I ordered I heard the door open and a bell go off. Loud voices instantly filled the diner. I ignored them and payed.

I tried to start reading my book, since I haven't really had much time to do so, I was interrupted by a waitress bringing me my food.

"Thank you" I smile as she walked away. I popped a fry in my mouth and began to read again.

"Bye Munson!" I hear someone yell. I look at up at the name and see Eddie surrounded by some people I noticed from school and others I didn't.

"Great show you guys" an older man pats them on the back and walks out. I look away and try to ignore them by reading my book. As soon as I took a bite of my burger I was interrupted.

"Hey y/n"

I look up and meet eyes with none other than the man himself. I really thought I'd go unnoticed. I quickly swallow my bite.

"Hey Eddie" I greet him. I notice he's standing quite awkwardly above me. "You can sit down if you'd like"

"Oh thanks" he smiles and sits down.

"Fun night?" I ask, referring to all the people that were just talking to him.

"Yeah me and the guys just had a show at the bar" he says proudly.

"A show?"

"Yeah. Our band." He answers.

"You have a band?" Wow

"Yup. Corroded Coffin" he grins.

"Wow! That's so cool! I had no idea. Big crowd?" I ask, curiously.

"About four or five drunks" he shrugs making me laugh.

"I would've watched if you'd told me"

"I thought you'd be at the basketball game. First game of the season right?"

"Yeah. Well I don't really care for those. I did get invited though" I shrug, shaking my head. Robin bailed tonight anyways to go out with Steve. They invited me, but I didn't feel like going out.

"Hm" is all he responds with.

"So what's your position?" I ask. Does he sing? Play drums?

"Guitar" he says nonchalantly.

"Really! That's so cool"

"Wow. I'm flattered" he says placing a hand on his heart. I giggle at the movement.

"Have you eaten?" I ask looking to see he has nothing.

"Oh no, not yet"

"Alrighty" I say, and get up grab his arm and walk to the front.

"What are you doing-"

"Can I get a cheese burger, a large fry and a strawberry milkshake" I pause and turn to Eddie, "do you like chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?"

"I don't want anything-"

I ignore him and continue. "And a chocolate milkshake as well. Oh and extra ranch please" I smile and pay.

"Alright. We will bring that out soon"

I grab Eddie once again to our table. "Why would you do that? Are you crazy?"

"Eddie, I have brother, practically two of you think about Mike, anyways I know how hungry guys can get. Plus I owe you from last week"

"Last week? And I said I didn't want anything"

"Remember I bet which one of us found that spot first. You definitely won that one" I laugh.

Our conversation was interrupted by the same waitress bringing in Eddie's food and my milkshake. "Oh I got you chocolate- unless you want strawberry?"

"I'm okay with chocolate" he grins down at me. I smile back and slide it over. Then I finally begin to eat my food.

"It's a little cold but still hits the spot" I say.

"Well that's not worth it" he says and immediately gets up taking my tray. Then comes back a few minutes later with new food. "You think I'd let you eat cold food? Especially after you just bought me a whole meal?"

"But you just bought me a new one too!"

"It was worth it" he smiles, I feel my face heat up and he just grins wider and then we eat for real.

"Have you ever tried putting a French Fry in your shake?" I ask.

"No?" He says, his face contorting into one of disgust.

"Try it. Please. It's really good actually"

He eyes me suspiciously for a moment, but tries it. "It's not bad actually" he shrugs.

"I told you!" I laugh. I eye his shake and grab it quickly taking a sip. "I feel like I should've gotten chocolate now" I frown.

"Do you want to trade?"

"No strawberry is really good" I answer and hand him mine and he takes a sip as well.

"Ooh that is good"

.•.•.

After eating and talking for much longer than we should have we decided it was time to go.

"We should hang out again" Eddie suggests. I'm sitting in my car and he's leaning through my window with his arms folded on it.

"Yeah we should" I agree. "I'd totally hang out more tonight, but Dustin's probably freaking out right now. I'm never out past like nine" I laugh.

"Then maybe we're gonna need to change that" he grins.

"Sounds like a plan" I say and look at my watch. 11:30. "It's pretty late. I should go"

"Alright.." he mummers looking at me. "Thanks for dinner" he winks and I blush.

"Thank you for my dinner too" that was really sweet how he bought me new food since mine was cold.

"You're very welcome"

I smile and start my car. "Okay. Bye Eddie" I laugh. He steps away and waves. "Drive safe and sleep well y/n"

"You too Eddie!" I call out as I begin to drive away. I smile widely the whole drive home and of course dustin interrogates me as soon as I walk through the doors.

A whole chapter with just Eddie;)