1

Jaeyun

Christmas is indeed merry and that's why it's a Merry Christmas but I somehow don't feel it in my bones at the moment because it's just so cold and everything is covered in snow and when I go out it will literally hail.

I fixed the tables and chairs in my small cafe which is always full with costumers by the way and I'm proud. Placing the tables properly on their respectful places as I switched the lights off wrapping the scarf around my neck, I am about to grab my umbrella when I remembered that I don't have it.

So I just locked my cafe doors and ran across the street to where there is shade before I walk to my apartment. I immediately took off my very heavy coat and removed my shoes before I went to change into something more comfortable and warmer as I waited for my two housemates, yep those two who took my umbrella.

I prepared our dinner as I took a quick scroll through Instagram and saw a post of someone in particular who broke my heart but I still can't forget about, their trip together with his family. Yep, we've been together and I didn't know he had a kid so bye.

I still follow him on Instagram and I don't know why. I mean, it's not bad right? I'm just being nice here and I didnt kick him off my life like he did to me.

"Jaeyun-ie hyung! Why didn't you wait for us to pick you up from the shop?"

"I was freezing and you're taking forever!"

I smiled as my phone was placed on the counter, with my ex already forgotten as I peek through the entrance of the kitchen and saw them enter the living room.

"It's not my fault I have to wait for him to finish practice"

"Really? I didn't know Riki have practice today. . from what I know, it's not even a school day so, where have you two been really?"

They're my housemates, Heeseung hyung, he's older than me by a year and he's currently working as a chef at a restaurant, well he's still a rookie tho so his assignments are not yet that intense and when he is not at work, he's helping me at the shop.

His younger brother, Riki, he's still in high school, still a baby to me. Heeseung's parents adopted Riki when he's barely a week old when they came across him at the hospital. Apparently, his mother ran away after she gave birth to him and now, they don't know what to do. The poor boy have been in the nursery for more than a week. Heeseung is just six years old that time.

It's a precious moment actually because Heeseung just got out of the hospital after he recovered from his fever. Heeseung then got lost wandering around the halls and he came across the nursery where he saw the crying Riki.

When the nurse told the boy that the baby was left by his mother, Heeseung asked his parents if you know, they can adopt him.

So Heeseung also kind of raised Riki because his parents have been busy making money.

I still don't understand how Riki's mother just left him there after just giving him a name.

"We went to the airport"

"Yes? And then? Why were you guys at the airport anyway?"

Riki happily skipped towards me as I turned off the stove.

"So, it's Christmas right?"

"Not after a few days yes"

"And do you know a certain glamorous and luxurious baking contest every year?"

"Of course I know that place or like kingdom, Zeviera. . and I also know that in order to be able to join that competition, you need an invitation"