15

Nicholas

After dropping prince Sunoo off in the studio, I went back to the car as I sat inside. I am supposed to be joining the royals up there just in case they need protection but the chief warrior is there.

I just can't face him right now.

Flashback

(When Nicholas and Sunghoon found EJ drunk in Nicholas' cabin )

After the prince left with a bottle of alcohol in his hold, I immediately tended a drunk someone who is so wasted and decided it would be best to barge into my cabin.

"Why are you here?"

He looks at me with tears in his eyes again and I really don't know who I wanna punch right now, if I wanna punch Sir K for constantly hurting EJ or if I would wanna punch EJ for constantly letting himself get hurt.

I can literally see how K treats EJ and that is just him being a good older brother to him but this guy just won't accept the fact that K would never see him more than that. I don't know why of all people, he would fall for someone whom he doesn't stand a chance to. K didn't know this of course and he is not hurting him on purpose.

I think I now know who to punch but of course I won't do that.

"I'm mad at you . . you lied to me"

"You need to get up from the floor and let me take you to your room. . . you know how low your tolerance it but then you decided to drink one of the strongest alcoholic drink in my fridge"

"You lied to me . . . you said . . you said I'm . . I'm cute . . I look good . . you said I look good with my outfit but . . but you lied . . I look ugly"

Indeed, he looks good no matter what occasion and no matter what he wears. I only lied about him looking ugly tho.

"I didn't lie . . who told you that you look ugly?"

"K hyung. . . "

I didn't understand him.

"He said . . he said I looked good . . but . . but I saw . . I saw him outside with Hanbin and . . . and he called him pretty . . "

Because of that, he concluded that K called him ugly?

"You need to sleep"

"Why can't he love me?"

He loves you . . just not in the way you want him to.

"K loves you . . but that love is not the same with you . . . he loves you just as Sunghoon loves Sunoo"

"Huh? They're brothers. . . ooh so K loves me as a brother? . . so he don't love me like that?. . . why? . . I don't want that!"

He again cried as I just sat there feeling broken just as he is. Hearing him say those words is a huge blow to me. I feel like crying because just like him, I also know how it feels. I badly want to tell him how he doesn't need to be hurt again because if he would give his heart another chance, there could be someone who is willing to take care of it.

But I know my place. If EJ wants to treat me as an older brother he would rely on during times of trouble, I would take that rather than him not acknowledging me at all.

"Why don't he treat Hanbin like a brother then? Why?"

"I promise to explain to you everything tomorrow but now, you need to sleep. . come on. ."

He raised his arms like a kid wanting to be carried as I helped him stand up.

"Oh . . there are two of you . . . "