12

[ How is everyone? I'm finally updating hehe I'm so sorry for the long wait . .]

Jaeyun

I woke up cuddled in the prince's arms  and that's when I noticed how we slept literally on the couch in the living room as we wrapped some presents. I guess someone saw us and place a blanket over us because I'm feeling warm.

I stretched my arms hearing my bones cracking as I stood up and fixed the presents we will be delivering to the orphans later. I slowly shook Sunghoon to wake him up and when he does, a smile immediately painted his lips making me do the same.

"Merry Christmas Love"

"Merry Christmas Your Highness"

He was about to pull me towards him but I moved away because I know I kinda smell as I am still wearing the same clothes from yesterday plus, I just woke up.

"Let's wash up, . .  we're going somewhere right?"

I immediately entered my room and into the bathroom I go. And the time in the shower gave me more moment to prepare myself for my departure tonight. I will be competing tomorrow and Jake needs to come back and claim his rightful place.

It is so hard and it hurts but I must do what I must to not fail being Prince Jake today. As I finished washing up and dressing up, I immediately went downstairs to fix the presents along with some of the maids in the palace to place them all in the car.

"Jakey hyung!! please bring us with you!"

I heard Sunoo's voice as I saw him and Jungwon walking towards me all dressed up and ready.

"Sure . . you two can join but let us wait for Sunghoon ok? He might wanna bring with more security guards"

"Ah, I heard you baked the pastries to bring with . . I didn't know you can bake. . you learn fast"

I glanced at Jungwon who looked nervous for a second but immediately came out with an alibi.

"Well, baking is not rocket science and Ej hyung helped him"

Sunoo looked convinced as I let out a sigh of relief.

"The two of you coming with?"

We turn to Sunghoon who is walking down the stairs and towards us with Sunoo enthusiastically nodding his head with his hands clasped together and the way Sunghoon smiled as he ruffled his hair, I know they will come with us.

"Let me call Jay first. . . you two will take the other car because our car is filled with presents. . ."

Sunghoon then asked one of the standbys to call in Nicolas and Jay to accompany Jungwon and Sunoo in the car as K and Hanbin hyung will he joining ours.

"I haven't seen Nicolas lately . . has he been away for a while?"

"I'm not sure .  .  . but I think it has something to do with this palace. . he kept avoiding to enter here and to come here .  I still don't know why"

It is actually strange because when I first got here, I always see him lurking around the place and in the kitchen before he went to his duty and them come back again. I have spoken to him many times because of how often he is here and the palace staffs love to have him around but recently, most specifically after the Charity ball, I never spotted him around. I occasionally see him by the gates for a while and then he will leave.

...

After we all got settled, we drove to the orphanage and when we got there, the children are already waiting by the doors with huge smiles on their faces making me heart burst with adoration as they're all so cute with their elf costumes.