3

Sunghoon

As you all know, I'm the first prince of this kingdom and yes I will marry someone I just met for the sake of a lifetime alliance.

It is true that we are powerful in military, in resources, in money and in governance but all kingdoms have weaknesses. Ours is something we cannot control. Our place is like an unseen event.

The sudden rain that goes on for days flooding our whole kingdom, the sudden sun for weeks that dried up all land and water resources and the dreaded natural disasters. We have no worries for Earthquakes nor Tsunamis or Volcanic Eruptions but our fear is always a Typhoon.

Typhoons are strong whenever they pass by our land. Even if these typhoons are like monsters, they will only appear like once in every three years. But once they hit, our whole kingdom will be in danger.

The strongest typhoons before almost wipe out the whole kingdom and the aftermath is always the deadliest and most heartbreaking. According to my father, when the strongest typhoon hit us, the only home to be standing is the palace where most of the citizens evacuated in, all houses and establishments were buried in mud, trees or concrete. It took ages to revive the kingdom and it is the most number of recorded deaths that is the number of almost half the kingdom's population. The people who aren't able to reach the palace unfortunately were either buried alive from falling trees or washed away by the huge flood.

The kingdom is close to revive when an attack suddenly happen that almost conquered us. But at that time, Zequiero came to our rescue and that according to the past kings is how the good alliance of the two kingdoms came to life.

Sadly tho, the recent death of the king has placed the kingdom in an open target by conquerors. The military power is lacking as they lost a lot of soldiers along with the king when they were suddenly attacked not long time ago. After the military lost their power, they were again under an attack from another kingdom to which we helped them.

Unfortunately, we cannot always be there to help them nor to save them. They need someone to lead them in the military. We can send anyone of our chief commanders but that would be too risky because some spies out there could immediately command an ambush and loosing a commander is so crucial in the military power.

To solve the problem, my Dad told me about the traditional way to create an alliance of a lifetime, marriage. Marriage is something that only death can break and with that, the two kingdoms will combine and will have duties to be fulfilled towards each other. Help each other in times of crisis.

I don't oppose, because of two reasons. One, because I want a place for my people to take shelter in if another tragedy will wreck our kingdom and two, because I owe them what I have right now. I only get to be here because they saved us before during the reign of my ancestors.

And also, another reason that is embarrassing and I don't want to admit to anyone is the fact that I have come of age like a long time ago and should have found a partner but I can't. I don't know how to find a partner so I agreed to the arrangement. Plus, Prince Jake isn't that bad. Just the fact that at first glance I can already tell I'm not his type.

He's kind and princely and it is obvious from how he acts that he's trained in all areas of being a royalty except the area of fighting. He's so gentile that he looks like he cannot hurt a fly. My younger brother even look more intimidating than him.

Anyway, after I left the training ground, I went to my cousin's place, aka the warrior's commander in chief. He's the son of my dad's brother who instead of staying in the palace and be a royal like we do, he escapes the classes we're supposed to take and instead dedicates his time to train until he is now the commander in chief.