16

Jaeyun

I met Sunghoon's gaze as he looks at me with his arms crossed over his chest. I look at Jake and we both don't know how to explain ourselves.

"I'm sorry . . . "

"Jaeyun? . . may I talk to you in another room?"

I look at Heeseung who just gave me a small nod as I felt myself being pulled by the prince into another room before the door clicked. His face is blank and I don't know what he's thinking but I'm so scared as he stepped forward.

"Your Highness. . I'm so sorry. . let me explain . . I - -"

My sentence was cut short when he collided our lips together as I was pulled closer towards him.

My eyes slowly close with the familiar feeling of his lips on mine with my arms wrapping automatically around his nape. My heart is pounding in my chest with so much emotion and with so much unsaid words lingering in my mind. I held onto him like he's my lifeline and he did the same when I felt his arms hug my waist.

The kiss was filled with longing and I can't help but let my tears fall from the realization of how much I have missed him and how much I will be hurt when I will see him wait for someone else at the end of the aisle on his wedding day.

I will grasp on this moment that we're together and will hold onto this because I know once I let go, I will not see him not hold him like this anymore. He has duties for his people he need to fulfill and I don't want to hinder him from becoming the best king this kingdom will ever have.

We parted for air but he kissed me again and I'm not complaining. As I have said, this might be the last.

His thumb slowly wiped the tears on my cheek as we part.

"I hate you for lying . . . but I love you for doing so. . . Jaeyun, you have no idea how you are affecting me . . . my life has never been the same again after we were together. I . . I just love you so much that I feel like going crazy right now. ."

"I love you too . . I love you more than I have ever loved someone in my life"

"I want to be mad at you and Jake for playing with me and Heeseung but. . . but I can't . . . I'm actually thankful for you entering my life ."

"Sunghoon. . . I'm sorry but . . but I don't think I can stay to bake your wedding cake. . ."

"I understand and I want to apologize. . .I'm sorry because no matter how much I wanna marry you instead, -"

"It's alright . . . you're going to be king and as king, your people comes first before yourself. . . and I know you will make an amazing King . . it might be a short time but those days I'm with you are the happiest I have been yet in a relationship. . ."

"Jaeyun- - -"

We were crying in each other's arms as he pulled me even closer to himself. I softly caress his back before we pulled away.

"I want to fight for you Jaeyun. . I want you to be my partner. . for life- - -"

"I can't let you do that Sunghoon . . this has been planned and it is for your kingdom. . I'm afraid that it could hurt you and your people more if you choose me"

"I promise . . I will do everything in my power to make us work while maintaining the relationship between Jake's and my kingdom. . . I will do whatever I have to do . . . I can't loose you anytime Jaeyun now that I know how it feels to love you and to be loved by you . . promise me Love . . promise me you'll hold on to us . . please?"