XIII

Taki

I am currently running towards the room the butler pointed me to and as soon as I reached the door, I immediately entered and I froze to who I saw.

"Taki hyung?"

[A/N: I know they're Japanese but I'm more used to "hyung"]

I ran to him and immediately engulfed him in a hug. After spending my jail time doing community service in Zeviera, Prince Sunghoon allowed me to go to my brother who is currently safe in a house in Segovia.

Committing a crime really did a toll on me and I totally deserve the hours of helping in restoration after the war. Prince Sunghoon released me from my prison time because according to him, I have served enough. I owe mine and my brother's life to them and I will return the favor. I will do my best to be of their service. I kind of enjoyed working in the kitchen with EJ hyung during my time as a 'pretend prince'. I know EJ hyung won't trust me again just like before but I will do my best to be more trustworthy.

If ever we will be friends again, I hope we can be close. Is it too soon to say that I like him? He's so caring and so good with his job. Even he discovered my lies and I like him for that.

But I know he likes someone else, I think it is this Nicho fellow he always spoke about. He would always have a smile on his face when he spoke his name.

"How have you been Maki?"

Setting aside my thoughts, I gazed at my brother who looked so relieved and I noticed how he has gained some weight and he's no longer like skin and bones. I should thank the Prince later for taking care of him.

"I'm fine hyung . . . they took of me very well . . how were you? I heard they punished you"

"They did . . but I deserve it. . .I tried to kill them . . . don't worry, the punishment is not hard. I was just given a community service.. I along with other prisoners went around the kingdom fixing the areas damaged by bombings and attacks. . it just got harder when the war happens. . . we helped with the soldiers, the restoration and the cleaning . . ."

"So the prisoners are with you? They let prisoners out? Won't they escape?"

"No one will dare or you'll be given a death sentence immediately. . . they let the prisoners do work to benefit the kingdom instead of them rotting inside a cell. . . some prisoners were sent to do farm work, and others are like me, sent to do restoration. . ."

"You're not hit right?"

"They won't hit you . . . the reason everyone is doing their best job is because the better you are at what they ask you to do, the better the food. . who wouldn't want a feast? Wait, why did you ask?"

"I'm glad . . .you know, when Zeviera rescued me, I got scared because they might hit me but unlike the king of Hetheria, they were so kind . . . they even feed me and brought me here . . I even have a security"

I couldn't help but shed a tear before hugging him again.

I now understand why Hetheria is desperate to destroy Zeviera. It is not actually the kingdom but the royals themselves. They are jealous of how the people are so loyal to their royals and they wanted that to change that's why they did all the bombings and all. But Zevierans trust their leaders more than anyone else.

I learned that when I spoke to one of the prisoners and he told me that if the royals didn't say it, it is not true. They trust them so much that they do what they were asked.

That's the reason why there is a zero number of deaths from the attacks and the war. It is because the moment the king told them to evacuate to the forest where it is the safest hiding place to evacuate, they immediately did. And when the bombs were landed, no one is inside the houses.