17

Jake

Heeseung and I haven't been sharing a word since we got in here with Jaeyun and Sunghoon. The two of them left us to talk and for them to also talk and I don't know how to start to speak. It has been a very long and suffocating ten minutes of my life. I don't know what to say or how to even began. We just sat there for minutes not even sparing a glance at each other. Well, mostly, me because I haven't looked towards him for the whole time.

"How. . . how did you find out? . . how long . . have you known?"

It took him a few minutes before I heard his voice.

"I have suspicions . . the moment you stepped in the house . . . but I shrugged it off. . what made you blow your cover was how you look at me . . every time I look into your eyes, I don't see Jaeyun at all. He has never looked at me the way you did. . . Jaeyun has made it clear that we're friends and when you came, you feel so different and even how you approach and interact with me feels off because I am falling for you . plus, you love hot chocolate. . Jaeyun don't because it reminded him of his past pain . . so when the prince suddenly asked me how are you doing is when I know what happened and how you and Jaeyun switched. . .. I didn't wanna confront you tho because truth is, I don't wanna let you go. . . I know about the marriage and I wanted to just like take you to Korea with me. . . but when Riki was taken to the palace, I got so scared and it is a big slap to me on how your life is not the same as mine and our lives are not compatible. . . so I asked Sunghoon to you know, stop this madness so Jaeyun Riki and I would go home ASAP. I cannot stay any longer Jake. . . because I know we will just be hurting ourselves more seeing you and Sunghoon got married. . . . so whatever it is that happened to us, I suggest we just leave it behind because it won't work out. . . just forget about it. That would be best"

How could I possibly do that?

I am not just crying at this point, I am sobbing because as he speaks, my heart is being shattered. I know how our lives were and I know my duties to my people but, why is he talking like everything we did together didn't mean anything to him ? I don't get it. Did I not mean anything to him? Is he throwing it away just like that?

"I'm sorry but . . it just so happen that we're at the wrong time . . . "

How is he so calm about it?

"How can. .. How can you say that so easily? . . . like I mean nothing to you?"

"It is easier this way. . . because we won't be hurting. . . if we . . if we could just . . . for-. . .forget"

I can't.

I walked to him before I hugged him from behind as he moves closer to me. I placed my chin at the top of his head as I pulled him closer to me. He's trying to hold back his cries but he just can't and finally, he moved his hand and held onto my arms that are wrapped around him.

"We're not meant to be in this lifetime Jake . . . you know how much I . . I love you and . . . and treasure you . everything we've been through is literally engraved in my heart . . . but as long as you are prince, you are bound to another royalty"

"I don't want to . . I want to just be with you. . . . I can step down - -"

"You cannot do that . . . you're your kingdom's hope . . do you want them to fall down in the hands of conquerors?"

"No . ."

"You need to be strong for them your highness. . . "

"But I love you Heeseung. . .I want to be with you for the rest of my life . . "