6

Heeseung

Jaeyun is not likely himself ever since he came home yesterday. I mean, I don't want to accuse him without any evidence and I don't want to say something to him because he seems fine and I don't wanna ruin that.

Something about him feels different tho because the moment he steps in the house that night, I felt different. Of course coming home without him anywhere scares me and so I waited for him because I also cannot contact his phone. When he arrived, I expected myself to run to him and pull him for a hug because I was worried as heck but I couldn't and my body just stayed there as I look at him.

He seems fine, too fine if you ask me.

He's someone very important to me and I don't want our relationship to be stained just because my conscious mind accused him of something.

The next morning, I woke up without Jaeyun in the kitchen which is very unusual so I assume he still needs to rest so I cooked some pancakes. Is it odd for me to be watching his every move?

I know I can trust him but something in me is telling me that I need to watch out for him which is weird because I only felt this way when he's dating the Benjie guy a few years ago. I have the urge to look out for him which is so weird for me but because my instinct tells me so, I did.

We went to the exhibition he paid for us using the money he saved from his cafe to spend on his anniversary with Benjie and that's like a red flag for me that something's not right and at the same time, a good event for me because finally, he's letting go.

He then excused himself to the bathroom and I didnt mind because he's always want to go to the bathroom for some reason as we watch the exhibition of the guards with three varieties of uniform.

I smiled when I caught a glimpse of Riki watching in awe as his eyes move along with the soldiers. My brother has always had a thing for military and all that so I have been working as much as I can for him to be able to enroll at the elite school that produces top quality criminology students. He's also trying to keep his grades up to attempt a scholarship so I'm proud of him.

Riki ever since our parents died has fallen in love with law, I don't know how but I think Jaeyun has some influence. He always love to lead a team and the team always end up in a good note making Jaeyun and I conclude that he's a natural born leader. He told us he wanted to be a lawyer but after he realized how expensive and gruesome it is, he went for the military, a police officer or a soldier but Jaeyun being so overprotective didn't want him to be a soldier because according to him, it is too dangerous in wars, he didn't tell Riki tho, just me.

In the end, we just let him be what he wanted to be because we don't want him to be robbed off of the thing he wanted in life like we have.

Because our parents have died, we're left to fend for ourselves and that's where Jaeyun and I discovered cooking. We manage to make simple and cheap ingredients into something good that it actually earned us a scholarship in the culinary school.

We didnt want to tho but we have no choice. It is either that or not going to college.

I didn't dislike cooking, I just have something deep in me that I really dream of that comes first before cooking and that is also being a police officer. I have always wanted to be one because I want to be able to serve and protect helpless people. My dad is also a police officer so I wanna follow in his footsteps.

I am just earning enough so if I enroll, I won't have any financial problem.

And now, seeing these royal guards, I can't help but fall in love with it more, the idea of me also wearing that uniform as I patrol with the patrol car, that is the dream.