XXI

Jake

*time skip . . a massive time skip*

My brother and I are currently seated on the dining table with our mom as we both have no idea why she called us in.

"Ah, I'm really getting old . . . look at you two .  .  "

"Mom, you're not that old. . . "

Jaeyun laughed as he held our mom's hand.

"Mom, you're still stunning. . . and of course, the best queen this kingdom will ever see"

By the way, I will have my coronation tomorrow morning, I will officially become the ruler of Zequiero and together with my husband Heeseung, we will make this place the best for the people.

"Mom, I hope you will still guide us. . it's our first time"

"Of course my dear. . I will always. . . just like Jaeyun . . how have you been in Zeviera honey? Are the members of that court still has something against you?"

Ah, that.

Jaeyun actually told me about it when Sunghoon was crowned. He told me how the royal court kept pushing on their heir agenda. I mean, they want Sunghoon, the king to look for a concubine like are you kidding me?

Sunghoon didn't take them lightly tho. He still handled it with full on professional mode that I am impressed.

Time has passed, Sunghoon and Riki are now crowned king, Riki and Sunoo are engaged, Jaeyun and I married the love of our lives and now, I'm getting crowned.

"Mom, you don't have to worry about those annoying board members. I am sure Sunghoon took care of them in a snap. Right Jaeyun?"

"Yeah he did . . . and besides, we proved them wrong . ."

"I know right, now they can shut up . . ah mom, why did you call us again?"

Mom let out a laugh before she placed two boxes in front of us.

"Now that you both are rulers, it's time for me to hand you these. . . "

She opened both boxes and inside are two identical crowns that looked so beautiful.

"These are the crowns worn by your father and his brother when they both were introduced as princes of Zequiero . . . they were made by your grandmother and when we had you, your father immediately knew these crowns are meant for you"

I can't help but tear up upon seeing the crowns because it really is a very important item in our hold. I remember how my dad would always wear it during special occasions and even during his wedding. The crown holds not only monetary value but holds the stories of our dad and now, us. And not long after, our next generation.

"Mom.  .  . you have no idea how this means so much to me . . I mean ..   I ..  I feel like I am seeing our father. . . Thank you . . ."

Jaeyun can't form words with how much he's crying as his fingers grazed the crown making me walk behind him before engulfing him in a hug.

"I'm sure Father would be ecstatic to see you wear that crown . . . Jaeyun, you are and will always be Zequiero's prince and now Zeviera's king. . . "

My twin brother sometimes forget he's actually a prince in this kingdom that every time he visits, there are moments where he will be formal with Heeseung and I that even mom had to scold him for literally not hugging her back because it slipped his mind that he's the son of the queen.