14

Jake

Jaeyun hesitantly removes the ring on his finger as he slowly handed it to me to wear before we switch again. I can see in his eyes how he was pained to part with the ring that holds his and Sunghoon's love story. I also do not want to take it because I am not the one Sunghoon gave the ring to.

"Jaeyun. . . you dont have to give that to me. . I'll just wear the old engagement ring . ."

"No . . Sunghoon will suspect if . .if he saw your ring . . ."

"No . . keep it . . . I'm sure Sunghoon won't mind . . plus, I also have to apologize"

"Why?"

"I might've made yours and Heeseung's relationship awkward.  . I'm sorry Jaeyun, I just can't help to fall for him . . ."

He smiled as he glance at his ring on his palm.

"I guess we're even . . . I am the same with the Prince. . .and I don't blame you for falling for my best friend. . . he's just amazing "

"Really? So you liked him?"

"Not in that way. . . he's the best brother I never had"

"I guess we made each other's lives complicated then . . I'm sorry . .I shouldn't have thought of the switch"

"But I know you never expected it to be this complicated so we share some blame . . "

"It's a great event tho . . "

He nodded with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry . . as much as I don't wanna push through with the wedding, I . . I need to . . . my kingdom is depending on it and . . I can't fail my people . there are kingdoms already in position to target us and we need protection. It's the least I can do. ."

"Of course . . you have your duties, the both of you only wants what's best for your kingdom and I understand that . . . please, take care of Sunghoon for me. . and I will make sure Heeseung will be put in place"

I laughed as I slowly closed his hands with the ring in it and wore the old ring that I was handed to for the engagement.

"I will. . . but keep that ring. . ."

He slipped the ring back in his pocket as I handed him the hat and the mask to hide his identity.

"If you tell him that . . that you're not sure about everything . . please don't do it harshly . . I hate to hurt him. ."

"Heeseung. . .just tell him that . . that you're really just friends. . . I hope they will react not in a bad way . . "

I hugged him as we both say our goodbyes and Jungwon accompanied Jaeyun out while Hanbin hyung just stayed behind to calm me down from my breakdown.

"I didnt expect things to be like this . . . just tell me what you want me to do"

"Thank you hyung. . . I would really love a hug right now . "

Immediately, I was pulled in a long hug as I slowly close my eyes. Whatever happens tomorrow will happen. I'm just afraid that the hope my kingdom was waiting will vanish if Sunghoon found out who really is Jaeyun.

_

The next morning, I heard a knock on the door just in time for me to finish dressing up because the queen wanted me to join breakfast.

"Who is it?"

The person behind the door is not speaking so I carefully open the door and was face to face with Sunghoon whose eyes looks so swollen. Did he stay up late last night? And it is kinda odd to me how he didn't say it's him. I remember him saying who he is when he's behind the door.