9

Sunghoon

Jake was shaking when I held him after we were told to play a duet.

"Can you play? We can tell them"

"I . . .I have been playing the piano so . .  so I'm nervous. .. I . . I might be rusty with .  .with the violin"

He is stuttering a lot and it gives me the vibe that he's nervous about more things and not just the violin part. He's sweating and his pupils move a lot when he spoke to me about the violin thing.

Are you hiding something Jake?

"I can play the violin for you . . and you can play the piano. . "

We went to the center where the piano was placed and I helped him sit on the chair as he's about to stumble before I grab the violin on the side. The crowd looks confused tho because well, I was not really known to play violin at any point in my life. I play it as a hobby but not like a performance thingy.

However, if Jake can't handle the pressure with the violin, I can help him by lessening the nervousness he's feeling and if he feels more comfortable with the piano, I can manage.

The moment his fingers played the first keys, his eyes met mine and I can tell there's a plea in those looks so I gave him an assuring smile before I played along with him.

It is just a short number before we stopped and was given a round of applause and I immediately went to Jake's aid.

"Please. . .can you .  . can you bring me somewhere? .  .  . where no one is looking?"

I immediately held him by his waist before I sent a signal to K hyung and we were escorted to the backdoor.

"Tell my parents we left and to give them my apologies"

He bowed before I led Jake in the pavilion where I made him sit on the couch as I held his hand.

I helped him calm his breathing before I handed him a glass of water.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry. . "

My hands moved from his shoulders to his face and before I knew it, I am wiping his tears as I gaze into his teary eyes.

"You're fine. . . everything's going to be alright and you have nothing to worry about . . . I'm here"

I didn't expect him to suddenly hug me tho but nevertheless, I pulled him closer as I felt his body shook in my hold. I never thought he would be this shaken over a presentation. I always heard how he's confident especially in playing his favorite instrument, violin.

On the other side of my head tho, I thought that maybe he's having a small panic that heightened when he was suddenly called to play. Plus, he said he's not been playing the violin before because he's learning the keyboard.

After he calmed down, his face suddenly blushed as he immediately distanced himself from me.

"what's wrong?"

He seems to malfunction before I notice how he suddenly fixed his poise and a mini monologue seems to be playing in his head.

"I'm sorry about that. I just felt so comfortable that . . you know, I just hugged you like that . . . "

"I'm glad I make you comfortable. . and you can always feel comfortable around me, I mean we will be married soon and being close is good so you don't have to apologize"