XII

Nicholas

Being in a war is not the best but it is for the best and thank heavens I'm alive after that fierce battle because if I died then and there, I'm scared of my soul not being in peace because I have a lot of regrets and unfinished business. I have a lot of unsaid words and most of all, I have someone I badly wanted to be with that I still haven't spoken to for months.

You see, ever since I was sent to Segovia, he never left my mind and I can't help but always fight the urge to call him or to fly to him. However, I wanted to get things done immediately so I will have more time with him. Unfortunately, the chaos grew and someone actually was killed.

I got scared for our safety and for his.

Then the prince asked me to fly back because he has something for me, I immediately flew back only to find out the person I have been thinking all this time is not acting like himself.

I think you know who I'm talking about.

After EJ found the suspect in the kitchen, he silently took it upon himself to eliminate him. The person actually tried to kill Sunghoon by poison but EJ was quick to catch on the smell of something unusual in a glass of wine.

EJ called me to inform me that he already turned the culprits to the cellars. It is a great relief tho because after he said that, the guards found out how they poisoned a huge portion of the soldiers food. If ever that went out, Zeviera will be down in a heartbeat because the soldiers are all dying from the poison.

If not for him, something terrible could really happen.

But despite the war long done and I'm packing to go back home, I am still struggling on my decision when we meet each other finally. I know we still have unsaid words towards each other and we sadly had a falling out in our friendship but I hope this time, I will have enough courage to speak to him and tell him these words I have been keeping inside me for a long time.

Will I be ready for his reaction tho?
I sure hope so.

"Nicholas . . good thing I got to see you before we part ways . . "

"I am planning to visit you before I leave Fuma hyung. . ."

"That wont be necessary. . I just want to thank you for your help and for your service to Segovia . . ."

"I'm doing my job . . .and you're welcome. Thank you for the warm welcome by the way, you guys are so hospitable"

"Heh, no problem . . ah, if you go home, fix your feud with the special someone already . . . our lives are not certain Nicholas, especially us, considering our jobs"

We both laughed as he pats my shoulders.

Fuma has been like my hyung in this army, he really is a warm hearted person and I told him about Ej and my unsaid feelings to which he literally smack me in the head for.

"I will . . trust me, the next time we see each other, I already told him"

"I sure hope so, I hate to hit you again"

I was pulled into an embrace before he casually ruffles my hair.

"By the way, go visit Yuma, that kid will be mad at you if you leave without seeing him"

"Will do"

I walked towards Yuma's cabin and saw him packing his clothes to which I was confused to.

"Hey, what's with the packing?"

A sigh left his lips before he turned to me.

"I got my first order from Prince Riki and . . . I don't think I can handle it"