III

Sunoo

Evey thing is turning upside down and inside out. Everyone is in panic and the whole kingdom is a mess.

My brother just got out of the hospital and immediately went to work with the warriors and the knights as my parents travel to the areas all around the kingdom to talk to people and to make sure areas around our kingdom are safe.

I on the other hand was left in the palace because they are afraid I could get hurt and they want me to be safe. The council even said that I need to be safe just in case something will happen to Sunghoon hyung, the throne will not be threatened.

I am mad that they even think of something bad against my brother because I know hyung will do his best to not hurt himself. I am also mad that they think so lowly of me.

I can handle this, I didn't train with my brother all my life for nothing and I know I can lend a hand.

It's been almost a week after my brother was discharged from the hospital. I know he's not only working on training the troupes but also in bringing back an ally, Segovia. I don't know how he's going to bring back the prince because I have no idea who the prince is but I trust him that he can do it.

On the other hand, a mysterious lad has been living in the palace for some time and I don't like it. My father said he could be the lost prince of Segovia and I also learned that his name is Riki.

For days, he's been trying to talk to me and trying to interact with me but because I am not in the mood to be friendly, I didnt dare interact with him. The palace is a mess and with this kid's presence is even messy.

Because of him, my brother and my father are not in good terms because hyung was confident and precise that he has the real prince and this one in the palace is an impostor. If you ask me, I believe my brother more despite him not telling me or showing me who he thinks is the prince. I don't know why but I trust Sunghoon and Jay hyung over a private and overpriced investigator.

I was in my room when a knock interrupted me in my daydream.

"Prince Sunoo, may I come in? I brought you some snacks EJ hyung and I made . ."

"No thanks . . .I'm not hungry"

He looks harmless and all but I don't trust him, I only trust one Riki and that is not him.

"Alright . . . I will leave the tray here if ever you change your mind"

I sighed knowing he won't leave me alone anytime unless I engage with him so I left my bed and opened the door but just as I did, the whole palace shook along with an explosion and I can't help but stumble.

My heart raced and thankfully, K hyung was quick to my aid as he helped me stood up as I held onto him.

"Sunoo . . it's alright, there was a bomb planted in the training room. No one is hurt but the training room is wrecked. Thankfully, Jay placed the weapons in bulletproof vaults. . . come here, you must not be alone this time. . the guards are searching for the culprit. . ."

"K hyung, I'm scared . . Sunghoon hyung could be alone . . mother and father could be alone too"

"The king and queen has a whole army at their aid and your brother is with Nicholas. . "

I then gaze at this kid who keeps bugging me and I can't help but notice his sweaty face. I don't wanna suspect him but I can't help it. Since he entered the palace, everything is tumbling down.

I pushed K hyung and ran to this kid's room with K hyung behind me. I kicked the door open and the moment it opened, I saw a man chilling on his bed. My instincts immediately made me grab onto K hyung's pistol and fired at the man's leg making him unable to run.