xx36xx

The next morning Emily woke up and found out that the spot next to her was empty. She was kinda disappointed but thought maybe Hotch had to be somewhere more important this morning. She checked her phone to see if he had at least texted her a reason for his absence but there was nothing except for a message from JJ. She asked Emily how she was and if she wanted to get some take away food or order something this evening. Emily decided to answer her later because right now she just wanted to get back to sleep so she wouldn't think too much about the situation with Hotch. Right when she was about to roll over and get back to sleep she heard her bedroom door open.

She looked up real quick and saw Hotch, he had a tray in his hands and began to smile when he saw that Emily was awake. "Good Morning, I thought you were still asleep.", he said.

"Good Morning, I actually was until a few minutes ago.", Emily yawned tired.

"It's great that you're already awake, that means I don't have to wake you and risk it that you would be mad at me for interrupting your beauty sleep.", Hotch joked and walked over to the bed where he placed the tray next to Emily. "Woah what is all this?", she asked confused when she saw the pancakes, eggs, some fruits and orange juice that were placed on the tray.

"Since I was awake earlier than you and got bored I thought I could at least make you some breakfast.", Aaron smiled.

"Thank you, but you really didn't need to.", Emily said feeling a little bit guilty.

"But I wanted to.", Hotch reassured her.

"Thank you Aaron.", Emily smiled again.

"No problem, really.", he replied smiling.

The two agents ate breakfast together in bed and afterwards did the dishes together even when Emily insisted on doing it alone but Aaron wouldn't stop helping her. After that was done he helped her clean up her apartment a bit since the forensic team left it looking like a mess. Suddenly Emily's phone began to rang, she looked at the display and saw that it was JJ.

"Hey JJ is something wrong?", Emily asked when she picked up the phone call.

"Hi, no everything is fine I just wanted to check up on you since it's already one and you didn't answer my message. And since you aren't the person to sleep this long I got a bit worried.", her friend explained.

"Oh I'm sorry about that. I saw your message when I woke up but I decided to go back to sleep for a while and then I got distracted, sorry.", Emily apologized frantically, she normally wasn't the type to forget such things.

"It's fine don't worry! I just wanted to make sure everything's alright. What got you distracted for so long?", JJ asked curious.

"Hey Em who's on the phone?", Hotch asked surprised when he walked back into the living room and saw that Emily was on the phone.

"Oh my god Em is that Hotch talking in the background??", JJ wanted to know.

"Uhm no just the TV.", Emily tried to lie while giving Hotch a sign to be quiet, since he looked at her a bit confused.

"Yeah tell that someone else.", her friend smirked.

"So what about later? You said you wanted to get some take away food.", Prentiss tried to distract her.

"Yeah I thought maybe we could get some Chinese take away or get something delivered and watch some movies together. We haven't done that in a while.", JJ told her.