xx40xx

"Wheels up in thirty.", Hotch said the next morning after they had discussed their newest case. The team would be going to Rockport in Texas, where someone had burned down three buildings in the last four weeks.

"So why are they only calling us now? If the unsub is following his pattern there will be another fire in the next 48 hours?", Derek asked when he took his seat on the plane.

"They thought they were about to get him but their suspect turned out to be innocent, so now they are in a rush to find the unsub before he can start another fire.", Hotch, who was sitting in front of him, explained.

"I wonder when they all will learn to call us immediately...", Morgan sighed annoyed.

"That's probably never going to happen.", JJ replied while taking the seat next to Morgan.

After Hotch briefed the team about the case they all changed their seating arrangements, they had about three hours of their flight left so as usual Reid played a round of chess with Emily with Derek next to them who commented on every move they made. After Reid won the round Prentiss excused herself to go to the bathroom and when she came back she took the seat in the back of the jet next to Hotch.

"I have to say that I am a bit disappointed that we had to cancel our lunch appointment because of this case.", Emily whispered while resting her head onto his shoulder.

"Yeah me too. But what do you think about going to a restaurant in Rockport with the best reviews this evening as a compensation for the canceled lunch?", Hotch asked and smirked.

"Really?", Prentiss eyes lit up surprised and she lifted up her head to look at Hotchs face.

"Of course. I already made a reservation so I hope you say yes otherwise I have to take Rossi with me.", the unit chief laughed.

"Are you kidding me, of course I'm saying yes to that!", the brunette replied excited.

"Great, I'm looking forward to that.", Hotch smiled.

"Yeah me too, I hope the case let's us take the evening off.", Emily sighed.

"Oh don't worry I have a good connection to the boss.", Hotch smirked which made Emily laugh.

When they landed in Rockport they drove to the local police station immediately where they got greeted by the Sheriff.

"Agent Hotchner, I am Sherrif Riley, we talked on the phone before. Thank you for coming I appreciate the work you and your team do a lot.", the man who looked like he was in his sixties said while he shook Hotch's hand.

"Sheriff Riley, good to meet you but I wish it was under different circumstances. This is my team, the Agents Prentiss, Jareau, Morgan, Rossi and Reid. We hope to help you solve this case so we should go to work immediately.", the unit chief replied and introduced his team members.

"Yeah of course, I got a room ready for your team. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask me or any of my officers.", the Sheriff replied and leaded them to a small room at the other end of the police station.

When they all had settled down around the big table that was in the middle of the room Hotch put them into teams and gave everyone their tasks. Morgan and Rossi would drive to the buildings the Unsub burned down, JJ and Prentiss would talk to the family of the victim that died in the last fire, while Hotch and Reid would try to construct the geographic profile of the unsub.

"So I watched you and Hotch a little bit while we were on the jet and you seemed to be excited about something suddenly, may I ask what he told you?", JJ asked noisy while she was in the car with Emily.