xx39xx

"Hey thank you again for helping me out of that situation with Strauss.", Hotch said when Emily got to his office.

"That's the least I could do, I mean it was kinda my fault that you were sitting in there.", Prentiss said shy.

"No don't say that.", Hotch stopped her from blaming it on herself. "So you wanted to talk to me about something I guess?", he asked.

"Uhm yeah.", Emily replied uncomfortable and sat down in front of Hotch.

"Okay so what is it about?", Aaron wanted know.

"You and Hayley.", the brunette said straight forward.

"Why did I knew that this was coming.", Hotch laughed a little. "I guess it's the fact that I moved out of our apartment right?", he asked.

"Yeah you guessed it right.", Emily sighed.

"What's wrong with that?", her boss was confused. "I thought it would show you that I mean what I said", he added.

"I already thought that this was probably one of your reasons but Aaron don't you think it is unfair to her to leave her so soon after she got kidnapped and lost a child?", Prentiss asked him.

"Emily the last week I already slept on the couch. Hayley and I officially broke up in the hospital so I think it would be more cruel to stay in the apartment that she lives in. I talked to her about it and she said it would be okay.", Hotch explained.

"Does she has someone to look after her?", Emily wanted to know.

"Her sister Jessica arrived yesterday. She'll stay with her for a week or two.", he answered her question.

"Okay so that is it between you two?", Prentiss sighed.

"Yes. I told you I will leave her. And even if it turns out that we two don't fit together, I wasn't happy anymore so it wouldn't have been fair to Hayley to live an illusion.", Hotch told her honest.

"Can I be honest?", Emily asked.

"Of course.", Hotch replied immediately.

"I didn't think that you would really leave her.", the brunette said.

"Just know that if I promise you something I will keep that promise.", Aaron told her serious to which Emily replied with a nod. "So how do you want to continue now?", he asked her.

"I told you I am not ready for a relationship... But I liked how we got along the last week so maybe if we could just continue it like that for a while and see how it is at work, I think that would be great.", Emily thought.

"Alright, if that is how you want it to be, then we will do it like that.", Hotch replied honest.

"Good.", Prentiss smiled. "So I am sorry that I kept you from moving into your new apartment if you need any help just let me know.", she told him.

"It's fine. I mean if you wouldn't have called me Strauss would have questioned the whole team and tomorrow she would have probably told me that they already decided to fire me.", Hotch laughed. "But Emily thank you. Really I know it's not easy for you to ask your mother for help.", he said more serious now.

"Without me you wouldn't have been in that situation so that was the least I could do.", the brunette replied shy.

"Don't blame yourself Em. Nobody could have known that they would really try to use that against me.", Aaron sighed.

"But I-", Emily started.

"Stop. We don't need to think about what we could have done to prevent this, it doesn't matter now. All that matters it that it worked out in the end.", Hotch stopped her.