Xx51xx

It was around four-thirty when Elizabeth Prentiss had to leave the hospital because of an important work meeting. Emily's vitals were pretty stable so she decided not to cancel it and come back to the hospital the next day. The team had also decided about an hour earlier that they would leave the hospital for now to go back to the BAU and start on most of the paperwork so Hotch wouldn't have to do so much when Emily was finally feeling better. So now it was only Hotch again sitting next to her hospital bed. A nurse was checking regularly on Emily to see if there were any improvements but still no one was able to predict when she would wake up.

Hotch only left her side to use the bathroom other than that he stayed next to Emily's bed. Around 9pm a nurse brought him a woolen blanket and asked him if they could get him a visitors bed inside the room but Hotch politely declined. Around midnight he decided that maybe some sleep wasn't the worst decision but since he didn't want to bother the hospital staff he just walked over to the sofa that was inside of the room. It wasn't really big if you kept in mind that Reid, Garcia and JJ had sat on that sofa before and it looked kinda squished but it would do it's job, at least for one night. For at least a bit of privacy he closed the curtain on the side of the sofa but made sure to leave the other side of the glass wall open so the nurses were still able to see Emily. When Hotch had finally found an at least kinda comfortable position he took the blanket the nurse had given him earlier and put it over himself.

It took Hotch quite some time before he finally managed to fall asleep and the sleep didn't last long, about two hours after he had fallen asleep he got woken up again by someone walking in front of him. He rubbed his eyes and then opened them just to see a nurse standing in front Emilys bed. Hotch immediately got worried that something was wrong so he quickly sat up. "Is everything alright?", he asked.

"Oh yes Mr Hotchner, sorry that I've woken you up.", the nurse turned to him with a big smile on her face and that's when Hotch realized that Emily was awake. He immediately got up from the sofa and walked over to the hospital bed.

"Hey.", Emily said weak.

"Look who's awake.", Hotch smiled.

"Everything looks alright, so I'll leave you two alone again.", the nurse smiled again and took her stethoscope before leaving.

"Thanks.", Hotch quickly said before she was out of the door. "How are you?", he asked Emily while pulling a chair up to the side of the bed.

"Better than I ever was.", Emily tried to joke but you could see that laughing was hurting her since she quickly stopped that.

"I haven't expected anything else.", Hotch chuckled. "You really scared us.", he got more serious.

"Oh come on, spare me this talk at least until the morning visit Aaron.", Emily playfully rolled her eyes.

"Alright that's a deal I guess.", he smiled at her.

"How long have I been unconscious?", Prentiss sighed.

"Uhm if you also count the time in the OR it's been like almost two days I think.", Hotch answered her question.

"How long have you been here?", Emily already suspected what the answer would be.

"Almost two days.", he replied.

"Oh Hotch.", Emily lightly shook her head.

"The team has also been here until you got out of the OR and they came back in the morning. Oh your mother also was here.", Hotch let her know.

"My mother?", Emily asked disbelieving.

"Yeah the hospital called her I think.", Aaron explained.

"Oh god.", Prentiss shook her head again. "So how bad is it?", she sighed.