1. Dress or Proposal?

No one will ever understand how broken she is from inside.

Third Person's pov

"Sanam!"

"Sanam!"

"Yes, Mumma I'm coming." She replied from her room that was upstairs with fear and slight hesitation. She knows what she has done and today she's not going to spare her.

Her mom was pacing around the living hall angrily while her grandmother and brother tries to calm her down.

"Why is this girl taking so long?" She grits her teeth.

"Sumitra, calm down. She has done it by mistake."

"Yes, mom. She didn't done it deliberately. I'll buy you a new one."

Her mother-in-law, Arunima and her son Arjun said.

"New one? Does money grow in trees? Do you know much expensive this dress is? And look what this stupid girl did! I just told her to do one thing and she couldn't even do it." She seethe.

Sanam reached the downstairs breathing heavily as if she ran a marathon. She went there where her mom was standing.

"Maa," She whispered meekly.

"You come here and see what have you done?" She called her and show her expensive white dress which she had given her to wash it but it was tainted with red colour.

"Maa, I..." She stammered.

"Oh god! Again you start stammering. What am I gonna do with you?" Her mother yelled at her and she flinch back.

"Mom, this happened just by mistake... I swear I didn't do it intentionally." She tries to explain it but this make Sumitra more anger.

"You and your mistakes! Are they ever going to improve? More than you I was stupid that I told you to wash it. Now what will I do with this, tell me!" Her mother screamed and threw the dress at her face which was more like a slap to her.

"You stupid, do you know how much this dress worth? Oh! How will you know? Have you ever earned money by yourself that you will value it? You aren't enough worthy to buy this dress by yourself."

"Now, don't start crying again. This dress is more expensive than your stupid tears."

"Tell me why are you so careless and clumsy?" She grabs her arms tightly and digs her fingers into her arms making her hiss in pain.

"I don't know why I have got such a stupid and useless daughter like you?"

"Tell me when you are going to stop behaving like this? And what I told you never cry in front of me. Are you still a five years old kid, huh? Idiot, because of you my dress got ruined."

"What a nuisance! Stop crying I said."

Her harsh words brought tears to her beautiful innocent eyes but she keeps looking down at the floor. Her timid and weak self never dare to answer her back.

"Now move, will you?" Her mother said and she nodded while wiping her tears.

Before she could move to give her a way, Sumitra pushed her aside rudely.

"Maa, please listen to me first." Sanam follows her but she slammed the door on her face.

"Stupid, useless." Not before uttering this words to her.

"Bhai (brother), trust me it happened by mistake." She said to her brother crying.

"Calm down, we know you didn't do it." Arjun console her and hugged her.