51. Unwillingly or willingly

Can I get 10 followers before EID please?? Make it 1.55k please 🥺

Also please try to leave lots of comments especially long comments, it motivates me a lot to write and give quick updates.

***

Third Person's Pov,

Rishabh burst into his parents' room, his footsteps heavy with anger, startling his mother, Malini, was taken aback by his abrupt entrance, her brows knitting in concern as she saw the fury in her son's eyes.

"Rishabh, what's wrong?" she started to ask, but before she could finish, he cut her off.

Rishabh's jaw was clenched tight as he approached her, his frustration evident in every step he took. "How could you be so insensitive and rude, Mom?" he demanded, his voice trembling with suppressed anger.

Confusion flickered across Malini's face as she tried to make sense of her son's accusation. "I don't understand, Rishabh. What do you mean?"

Rishabh's words spilled out in a rush, his voice tinged with betrayal. "You threatened Sanam to make her stop going to college! How could you do something like that?"

Malini's eyes widened in disbelief, then narrowed in anger. "I see, so that girl already started complaining to you about me behind my back?" she scoffed, her tone tinged with bitterness.

Rishabh's anger flared even hotter as his mother confirmed his suspicions. His jaw clenched tightly as he listened to her justification, his hands balling into fists at his sides.

"So, it's true then," he spat out, his voice laced with bitterness. "You did threaten her."

Malini met his gaze unflinchingly, her own expression a mix of defiance and concern. "Yes, Rishabh, I did. But it was for your own good," she insisted, her voice tinged with manipulation.

Rishabh felt a surge of frustration at his mother's words. "For my own good? How could threatening Sanam be for my own good?" he demanded, his voice rising with each word.

Malini's tone turned more insistent, more manipulative. "I did it so that she understands her responsibilities towards you and our family. So that she puts your choices and our family first," she explained, her words dripping with false concern.

Rishabh's disbelief turned to anger as he realized the depth of his mother's manipulation. "You think you can control her like this? Force her to obey me?" he snapped, his voice trembling with rage.

Malini's eyes narrowed slightly, a hint of frustration creeping into her tone. "I'm doing what's best for you, Rishabh. That girl is shrewd, and you need to control her before she causes any harm."

Rishabh's hands tightened into fists at his sides, his nails digging into his palms as he struggled to contain his anger. "I can't believe you would stoop this low, Mom," he muttered through gritted teeth, his disbelief turning to betrayal.

"Rishabh, get this one thing clear into your mind, I will never accept that girl as the daughter-in-law of our family," she declared vehemently, her voice tinged with disdain. "She's exactly as I thought – after your money, your company, a life of luxury."

Rishabh's frustration reached its peak as he listened to his mother's accusations. "You're wrong, Mom! Sanam isn't like that," he protested, his voice tinged with desperation.

But Malini remained resolute, her dislike for Sanam unwavering. "She's already begun to poison your mind against me, against your own family," she insisted, her words heavy with conviction.