19. Priority

Third Person's Pov,

The Raichand's family has decided to organised the engagement party in one of their luxurious  farmhouse since the media 24/7 lurking around their mansion to get some news. But still somehow few media people got to know about the party and soon the paparazzi gathered around the entrance to catch a glimpse of Rishabh Raichand's fiancée.

Raj already knew it something like this might happen so he already prepare the back door for the Mathur's family and informed Arjun to come through the back gate of the farmhouse. 

From hall decoration to buffet everything was looking exquisite giving a grand look and why not it was the engagement of Raj Raichand's son their first son Rishabh Raichand who is also renowned young business tycoon of India.

The hall was beautifully decorated and looked extravagant as ever. A huge chandelier hung in the middle, there were round tables for guests, long pillars were decorated with flowers, waiters moves around with trays in their hands, a soft music was playing in the background.

Their relatives and close business association and partners were invited to the party.

As the Mathur's family entered the hall, they were warmly welcomed by the Raichand's family except Malini who maintained a distant look with them and passed a light smile to them. Sanam greet Baani who hugged her in return.

''You look beautiful my daughter.'' Baani said in a adoring tone with a loving smile on her face.

Sanam move to Malini and greet her whose face turned a bit sour seeing her attire so simple, no necklace around her neck and on top of it whatever jewelries she wore was very light and looked so old fashioned. According to her, she was going to be the daughter-in-law of the Raichand's family so she needs to maintain her looks according to their status and class.

Sanam was nervous and feeling anxious. She was feeling a bit calm as she noticed Rishabh wasn't here. As her gaze lingered around the hall and fell on the guests she felt a bit self-conscious. All the men were in black suits and women were in expensive gowns and saree and jewelleries. And in front of them her looks was minimal.

All the guests were from high class and high standards. She felt she doesn't belong here and a fear of being judged by these people crept in her mind.

''If you all don't mind can I take my future daughter-in-law with me for minute? I would like to have a conversation with her in alone?'' Malini said with a fake smile and take Sanam with her to her room.

''Come sit here,'' Malini said and made her seat on the couch of her room while she take out few boxes of jewelry from her cupboard.

Taking them out she placed all the box on the glass table in front of the couch while she herself take a seat beside her.

''Here this is for you,'' Malini said as she passed a box to her and gesture her to open it.

Sanam's eyes widen as she opened the box. It was an expensive diamond necklace. It was a royal diamond necklace.

''Aunty, this..'' She feel loss of words. She was sure this necklace must be worth in millions.

''Consider it as a gift dear. Wear it.'' Malini said gently and she look hesitated.

''This is really expensive. I-I don't think I can take care of this.'' Sanam said pretty much scared as she never ever has wear any expensive jewelleries. She remember her mother once scolded her very much in front of the whole guest in her brother's birthday as she lost an expensive pair of her earrings.

''Sanam, you are going to be the daughter-in-law of Raichand's family and you can't look so simple. My friends and relatives are down there what will they say to me when they will see you without any jewelry? Have you thought how much embarrassing it will be for me when they will ask me why I chose a girl like you for my son? Don't mind but whatever jewelries your are wearing they are looking out of my standards so old fashioned. Wear these which I gave you.'' Malini said in a very rude tone which she didn't like it but stayed quiet out of the respect she has for her.