38. Good Wife

Long chapter so I want some good feedbacks, guys.

Third Person's Pov,

''Sanam beta (dear), will you tell me what's wrong?'' Sumitra asked in the fakest tone it's possible while caressing Sanam's hairs showing her fake affection and love.

Since the time Rishabh dropped her at house, she didn't look anywhere and directly went to her mom's room because right now she need her the most.

''Maa, I'm just scared.'' Sanam sobs in her lap and held her hand tightly.

''Sanam, enough now. Get up and tell me what happened exactly?'' Sumitra held her shoulder and made her seat properly and give her a glass of water to drink.

Soon she found herself getting calm down.

''Maa..'' She stopped herself saying anything further because she doesn't want to make her worried as she is already sick.

''I'm scared.. I think my preparation for exams is not good.'' She lied and Sumitra rolled her eyes.

For once Sumitra wanted to scold her but stopped herself from doing so because she know once she started to scold her she will not able to hold her herself from saying harsh words which will eventually ruin her all plans.

''That's it. You stupid girl! What are you? 5? You know, you made me scared for a moment.'' Sumitra exclaimed taking a sigh of relief and Sanam smiled how she got so concerned and worried about her.

She never saw her getting worried for her. She always sees her getting worried for Arjun only.

''Maa, can I ask you something?'' Sanam asked fidgeting her fingers unsure should she ask her or not.

''Go on.'' Sumitra said and Sanam took a deep breath before saying it.

''Was papa was possessive about you?'' Sanam asked with curiosity.

''Who doesn't tell me? When you love someone or something you are bound to possessive about it.'' Sumitra said lightly and smiling remembering the moment when Akash used to feel jealous when any man used to approach her.

''So were you okay with it?'' Sanam further asked which she replied yes.

''Then do you used to get scared of him too?'' Sanam asked and that's when Sumitra look at her with confused.

But then realization dawned upon her and she get it why she is asking about it.

''You tell me are you scared of him?'' Sumitra asked her and she was caught off guard by the unexpected question by her.

Sanam is not stupid enough to not to understand about whom her mother is talking about.

Sanam look down trying to control the tears which were threatening to come out of her eyes and Sumitra understood what she has to do and what she has to say to make her stop thinking to take a step back from this relation.

Because that will end the deal between her and Rishabh Raichand.

''Sanam, at first I used to get scared of his possessiveness for me but then I understood his love behind his possessive attitude for me. But as you know, when you love someone you need to love everything about him and accept him the way he is. And then I never got scared of him. In fact I always used to love his possessiveness for me, it made me feel wanted and loved.'' Sumitra said to smilingly unware of the depth of Rishabh's possessiveness for her daughter, Sanam.

''It's just a phase of beginning of love, my dear. And don't worry you will get used to it once you will marry him and also you will love it. Don't be scared of him and try to accept him as your husband.'' Sumitra advice her and Sanam don't know whether she should follow her mom's words or not.