16. Obedience

"You want to be free. You also want to be mine. You can't be both."

― quote by Nenia Campbell

Third Person's Pov,

"We want to hold Sanam and Rishabh's engagement in next 2 days, if you all don't have any problems." Raj said and Arjun and Arunima look at each other in dilemma while Sumitra's face lighten up hearing it.

"Engagement in two days? Don't you think it's too early, son?" Arunima asked and Raj smiled.

"You don't worry, aunty. We will take care of everything." Raj said and Arunima looks contemplating whether to say it or not. She looks at Arjun who nodded his head and spoke.

"Uncle, that's not a problem. Can't we wait for few years more? Sanam is still studying and her exams going to start from next week. I think all this will be a distraction between her studies and it will also affect them." Arjun said and Raj could sense his concerns for his sister in his voice.

"Arjun, I don't think so that this two days will affect her studies. We will hold a small engagement just between our families and very close friends and relatives." This time Mohini spoke in between.

"And about the wedding we will hold it after her exams." She said and smiled while Arjun clenched his fists trying hard to look normal.

"To be honest, I don't want my sister getting married right now. I want her to complete her studies and build her career first and then we will plan this wedding later." Arjun said.

"Arjun, She can even complete her studies after marriage too. Nobody will interrupt her studies or in her career path. She will live her life the way she is living right now. She will stay at only few hours distance." Mohini said and Arjun went silent.

Things aren't going like he planned and this was making him pissed off.

***

"W-here is My-ra?" Sanam stuttered as she was standing right behind her so when she disappeared and how come he appears in her place instead.

"I told her to bring you to my room." He told her with a nonchalant shrug only to make her eyes go wide.

"Huh?" That's what she uttered only.

Oh! That's why she was giving me that sly looks. And how stupid of me that I couldn't understand.

How can she leave me alone here with his brother and she herself left from here. What others would be thinking about us?

She thought.

"What happened?" He asked who looks lost in her thinking.

"Umm.. nothing. I think I should go downstairs now. Bhai and dadi must be waiting for me." Sanam said getting nervous in his presence.

"They won't. I told them that I want to have a talk with you in alone, so don't worry." Rishabh said as he settled himself on his couch and gesture her her to seat but she choose to seat in the opposite couch in front of him rather than to seat beside him which he didn't like at all.

"So what were you saying to Myra that you didn't get any chance to know me properly? So tell me what's you want to know?" Rishabh asked her and she looks flabbergasted and understood to whom she was messaging between their conversations.

"Myra! Why did you.." Now she was regretting for telling her that.

"Tell me what you want to know about me? I'm sure till now you know who I am and what I do." Rishabh spoke and she nodded her head looking at her hands which she kept in her lap.