46. Unraveling Misunderstandings

Can you all please show some love?  

I want lots of votes and comments. 

If possible follow me on wattpad too. Let's hit 1.54k followers!!

Third Person's Pov,

Malini, seething with anger, wasted no time in questioning Sanam about her actions. "Sanam, care to explain your little performance? Or are you too busy ruining our family's reputation to speak?"

Sanam, taken aback by the accusatory tone, stammered, "I... I don't understand. What's going on?"

Arunima, attempting to mediate, said, "Malini beta, please, let's talk calmly. There might be a misunderstanding."

Malini, unwilling to heed any pleas for calm, continued to demean Sanam. "Misunderstanding? Your granddaughter is making a mockery of our family."

Shaurya, stepped forward, his eyes silently conveying a plea to Malini. "Mom, please, let's talk calmly."

But Malini, fueled by her anger, scoffed at Shaurya's attempt to intervene. ''This girl humiliating our family and you are asking me to calm down, Shaurya?''

Sanam, trying to gather her thoughts, responded with a mixture of confusion and concern. "Aunty, I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. What happened?"

Malini, scoffing at Sanam's apparent innocence. "Save the act, Sanam. A video is circulating, and there you are, accepting a proposal from some Vishal. Is this your idea of a joke?"

Sanam's eyes widened in shock, and she quickly tried to explain, "Wait, Aunty, it's not what you think. Vishal is just a friend."

Malini, unmoved by Sanam's plea, pressed on with her accusations. "A friend? Proposing to you? In what world is that acceptable, Sanam? You've brought shame to our family."

''Let me explain to you-'' Her sentence was harshly cut by Malini who threw another accusation on her.

But Malini, refusing to be swayed. "Explanations won't change the fact that you've tarnished our family's reputation. I trusted you with my son, and this is how you repay us?"

Shaurya, growing increasingly uneasy, tried to reason with his mother. "Mom, let's give Sanam a chance to explain. There might be a misunderstanding."

Malini, dismissing Shaurya's plea, shot back, "Misunderstanding? I won't let her turn this into some melodrama. This engagement is over, and she's not fit to be a part of our family."

As Sanam stood, shock and fear evident in her tear-filled eyes, Sumitra, overwhelmed by anger, grabbed her daughter's arms, demanding an explanation. "Sanam, what is this? What have you done?" she asked, her voice laced with frustration.

Sanam, trembling with fear and unable to find the right words, feeling cornered, struggled to find her voice amidst the chaos.

Raj, sensing the distress in the room, intervened. "Sumitra, let's ask her calmly. Shouting won't help us get to the bottom of this."

Arjun, recognizing the vulnerability in Sanam, stepped forward and gently guided her away from Sumitra's grasp. "Mom, leave her. Let's give Sanam a chance to explain."

Cupping Sanam's face in his hands, Arjun spoke softly to her, "Sanam, take a deep breath. We'll sort this out. You don't have to be afraid. Just tell us the truth."

Before Sanam could muster a response, Malini, relentless in her pursuit of blame, intervened once again. "Enough of this drama! We saw the video. She doesn't deserve any chances after what she's done."