The Undead Kingdom

The bard and the knight enter through the thick fog. Garth readies his weapon as a hand comes out! Will jumps, but his heart settles.

The branch of a dead tree shakes, warning them to turn back. Their hearts thud louder than a drum as they near the castle. The bard knows he will have to fight a zombified Drago. But he questions whether he will be ready for that. A grip on his shoulder brings him back to reality.

"We will make it," the knight assures him.

"There's an epic story for me to sing for those to hear. I'm not letting that pass," Will strums louder to overcome his fears and doubts. Also, to send a message to the Queen that she will pay for what she did.

The black insignia flares up at the gate. The blind bard and knight clutch themselves. The wind exiting the kingdom gnashes past the armor they're wearing. Will puts his right hand near his mouth. With an exhale, his warm breath lands on it.

Their noses are the next thing attacked. The foul odor of corpses almost makes them gag, but they swallow their vomit.

Garth recollects himself. "I will translate the insignia. The living who enter shall never return. When you die, your soul shall fall under my absolute obedience. Turn around if you value your lives."

William feels through his suitcase and wears the large coat over his light jacket and gloves that allow for dexterity of his fingers. Even with the warm clothes, the wind still bites at his skin. He strums his instrument while digging deeper.

"May this spell give us warmth to weather this cold,
Let our blood get strong and bold.
Let our strength and magic intensify,

Amplify Garth's vision to his eye,

For we shall annoy the Queen like a gadfly.

"May Garth's sword swing true,
Leaving the enemies black and blue."

Let us be nimble and quick,
To avoid an enemy's trick.
May our defenses be stronger than any shield,
To an onslaught, we will not yield."

Garth feels several things happening to him at once. His muscles swell up again against his breastplate and armored legs. The bone-cold shivers melt away from the pleasant warmth of the sun that can't pierce the fog. A thick green cloud above splits between them. Their clothes receive a coating that gives them confidence.

The knight's claymore glows red before dimming down.

Will keeps playing his mandolin with a serious look on his face. "Let's finish this."

The bard and the knight walk past the overhanging insignia to enter the kingdom. The door then slams shut behind them!

Their feet almost leave their boots. Will keeps playing notes as Garth surveys the dark kingdom.

The holes and craters left by the former heroes that tried to stop the Skeleton Queen. Glass shards from broken windows litter the streets that lead up to the castle. A gust of wind whistles through the open doors of houses. Red window panels knock against the yellow walls.

The raven perches itself on a roof while observing them. Kraa-kraa! it taunts at the duo. Like they wanted their wish to die come true.

Garth sees something coming and jumps to the side. Will clings to the frame of a door for cover. Arrows clatter against the cobblestone street!

The knight makes out an archer on a rooftop almost two miles away.  The archer has rotting, green skin with a large hole where his heart used to be. The knight also notices the red lion patch on the archer's jacket. He groans while reloading.