Bumva Pt 2

William's eyes opened slowly. His hands felt the soft, silky sheets that were underneath him. The creaking of a chair got his attention.

"William, how are you feeling?" Bumva whispered.

"I'm fine. Definitely need to rest more," he stretched his limbs. "What happened while I was out?"

"I dropped Tiffany off and got the token for the guild's payment. We're now at the hotel in their town. Oh, I also had your mandolin repaired."

She handed it to him to feel. The wood was now slick with no apparent cracks on it. The fret had been replaced from the tiredness.

"I also picked a lilac for Nerdeani so you don't have to worry about that."

"It's a pleasure to have you here with me," he faced her direction with a beaming smile.

"I-It's the only room available in the whole place," her nervousness rose from her lie.

There was enough money for a second room, but she wanted to see what would happen between them. She twiddled her thumbs as her mind went into overdrive. Her heart raced like a swift river as she imagined...

"I can sleep on the floor if you like. This bed is really comfy," he interrupted her thoughts. She was taken aback from his consideration for her. Like he could pick up on her mental state.

"I'm used to sleeping on the floor. Keep the bed."

She saw him offer her a spare pillow. She took it with a smile.

"Oh, they have mineral baths here that can help restore us. Unfortunately....it's for couples only since the single ones are booked up for today and tomorrow. We will be in the same tub tomorrow," she lied again with a quick tone.

"You can go first before me if you like. I won't fight your decision."

She leaned back in the chair. Her hands trembled with anticipation of what might happen. She wanted to lower her walls and let him enter, but a feeling of unease pulled her back to reality. Would she just be another conquest for the bard?

Will got up slowly to tune his mandolin. Playing a small tune, the music reported back a large drawer with an affixed mirror, an oak closet, a window with curtains, a small bushel of lilacs on the nightstand next to him, and their equipment close to the bed.

He rested his mandolin against the wall. "Do they have some food here?"

Before he could fully get out of bed, Bumva placed a hand on his chest to stop him. "I will get it for us. Continue to rest," before pushing him back down.

She found her hand was still on his chest, feeling his toned pectoral muscles. She was about to pull her hand, but Will kept it there. His soft fingers trace against hers.

She quickly pulled her hand away as her body begged for more. The slam of the door left the bard all to himself.

He laid back in bed with a sigh. Unlike his previous lovers, his mind and heart clashed over a feeling that he only sang about. Passing minutes felt like hours apart. The torture ended with the opening of the door.

"The food is right there," Bumva placed the plate of roasted chicken and potatoes near his feet. She feared saying more would lead to something.

"Thanks."

A tarp of uncomfortable silence pins itself to the room as they ate. Both afraid of what to say next. After finishing their meals, Will took action. Feeling for his knapsack, his hand fished out a deck of cards.

"How about a game?"

The orc almost laughed at his implication. She didn't mind teaching nor tricking him during the game. "Sure."