Initiation

Will and the whole family accompany Gash and Jr to cheer them on for the ceremony. They make their way through a forest which opens to a clearing where several orcs including Korgak and Bulvim, Bumva's parents, are waiting for them.

A group of light-skinned green orcs from the tribe of Terrible accompanied them to enjoy the special ritual. Yarlg the Terrible waves his broadsword happily from seeing the group.

Korgak, the war chief, wears his dreadlocks with special talismans for the hunting ritual that is to come. He embraces Bumva, Will, and the rest of the family before coming to Gash and Jr.

He stares at Jr's eyes to sense any hesitation about today. Jr's eyebrows lower while his lips smile since his family is there to support them. Gash gives him the same look.

The old orc wants to smile but holds it back to maintain the tone of today. He bangs the end of his staff against a tree trunk and the tribes follow. Collectively, it sounds like one heart beating without any of them being out of rhythm. Gash and Jr's hearts beat along with it. The sound then stops. 

"Today will be a trial to determine if you're worthy of being a warrior. Your blood doesn't determine that! Your courage and willing to take risks will! Today's prey is the Engla Boar of Brutal! Its snorts can rival the roar of a dragon. Its tusks are as sharp as blades. Together, you must bring that beast down and haul it back to us. You must do it before the sun sets on this day. Gashamog the Brutal Bennett! William the Brutal Bennett Jr! Do you accept?!"

The half orcs roar in acceptance of the task ahead of them. 

"Then draw your weapons," their grandfather commands. Gash takes out his wooden club with a spike at the end while Jr pulls out a claymore with one hand.

The old orc leads the duo deeper into the forest where light can't poke through. Bumva motions to the others to stay in place.

Gulak strums his strings to play a song of rousing bravery. He projects his voice so that his brothers would hear his support. Gash and Jr smile as they will use that as fuel to become official warriors. Their siblings look on and hone their ears to pick up any particular sounds.

Gulak coughs after playing for some time, but he keeps playing. His grandma pats him on the back to alleviate his fears. Will holds Bumva's right hand and strokes it. With what happened to Urgan, she's worried for her boys.

"They will be okay, Bumva. They are strong," Mel gently holds her left hand.

They continue to wait. Jaime, however, is preoccupied. A light-skinned female orc catches his attention. Her long-braided hair goes past the shoulders with a dagger affixed to a hammer on her back. He approaches her.

"Hi, I like the way you adorned your hammer. You must be quite a ferocious warrior,", he flirts.

The orc stares him down with her blue eyes from the insinuation.

"You noticed my eyes. They're beautiful, but they pale in second to yours," he raises an eyebrow.

Before she can answer, her father steps in. "Do you dare disrupt the tone of today's ritual?!" He growls.

"Keep it calm," Yarlg intervenes to diffuse the situation.

Jaime quickly backs up....into his mother who stands still.

"Now is not the time to flirt when your brothers are out there," Mel sighs as she pulls him by the arm.

"I'm not worried about them. That boar will wish-"

Angry squealing pierces the sky. Birds scatter away.

Jaime's confidence drops like a rock as he can only imagine what his brothers are facing. Tuzah and Luis hold onto Esmerelda and Emilia's hands. Gulak's hand strums faster and faster as his siblings face the beast.