Albarino Pt 1

Feet hurry with luggage in tow for the trip. Jaime, Esmerelda, Emilia, and Luis gather together in excitement to see where their mother came from. Gulak is staring out the window with intent.

Will Jr, Gash, and Tuzah rush in with their respective suitcases, with the youngest struggling to pull hers.

"Why is yours so heavy?" Gash asks. Her suitcase pops open with plush rabbits, clothes, and food coming out. Tuzah stares at her brother. "Fine, let me help you pack," he sighs as he rearranges everything to fit.

"What are you doing Gulak?" Jr asks.

"Waiting for his tiny girlfriend," Jaime jests. Gulak doesn't pay attention to that remark.

"That answers for him and yet we don't know where you go," Esmerelda shoots back.

Her brother smirks. "No need for you to worry", little sis."

"We are the same age," she states matter of factly.

"And who came out first?" He argues.

She pulls on his earlobe. "Don't make me hurt you."

They hear the footsteps of their parents and stop. They notice their mom is clinging on to their father for dear life. Like she's afraid something was going to happen.

Luis runs over to her. "Everything will be alright, mama!"

Mel cracks a grin while rustling his hair with her hand. He laughs from her touch.

Bumva carries a light bag of clothes and her axe for the trip ahead. She sees Gulak's bag next to her son who's looking at the window.

He suddenly jumps off the bench and runs to the door as if he's racing someone there. He opens the door to see Ghulnea carrying her knapsack. The rays of sunlight dancing in her auburn eyes freezes him in place.

"Hi, Gulak!" She happily greets.

"Hi," the only word he can get out. He shakes his head as he offers his hand to take her bag, but she gives him her hand. Her soft touch shakes his entire body. His mind stalls as he doesn't know what to say. Ghulnea laughs as she leads him by the hand to rejoin the others.

"Hi, everyone!"

"Hi, Ghulnea!" They greet her.

"I want to thank you for allowing me to join your family trip, Mrs. Mel," she curtsies to her.

"You're practically family anyway."

"Growing up with Gulak is proof of that. Did you know he rushed to the door after seeing you?" Bumva mentions with a cheeky grin.

Gulak turns crimson from the joke, but the dwarf laughs.

She strokes his hand. "So sweet of him."

Her words make a deeper shade of red appear on his face.

"Ghulnea and Gulak sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-"

"S-Stop it!" Gulak interrupts Jaime's teasing.

"Maybe it will help you, Gulak," Ghulnea responds without a smirk in her voice.

His jaw drops as his body freezes in place. A pat on the back from his father brings him back to reality.

"I want to do it at the right moment," he declares with confidence that makes the dwarf's face flush red.

"I know where he got that from," Bumva whispers to Mel. The women laugh.

"Is everyone ready?" The bard asks while preparing his mandolin.