Bumva

The golden orb the bard summoned flashes forward to a particular time as part of the guild.

William stood with Sindy where the task board was. Numerous papers litter the board with different payments listed. "Is there anything new?"

Her orange eyes scanned the board for anything that could tickle his fancy. "Oh, there is a case of a missing girl near the forest. Tiffany's parents asked us for our help since bears are out and about."

"I will do that then. Will you be coming along?"

"I can't. My husband has plans. Our daughter will be away for our romantic night."

"Have fun. I will make sure to bring a flower back for my niece," he smiled.

"Definitely. Yang and Yarlg are out of town so I'm going to ask around to see who's available. Be right back."

William sat down on the bench to wait. Heavy leather bootsteps approached him. 

"Hi, Sindy recommended me as your companion. My name is Bumva. Are you William Bennett?"

From her voice, he heard a growl similar to Yarlg's but more soothing to his ears.

"I am," he offered his hand to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you." The dark green orc accepted the handshake. He felt her coarse hand against his, but she knew her strength as she didn't grip too hard.

She saw his white pupils. "I-I don't think you should be on this mission. I'm not doubting you. I just want you to be safe."

"I understand, but I'm more than just my handsome face. Just point me where to go and I will not let you down," he proudly smiled.

His sincerity and smile disarmed her concerns. "Okay. I trust you."

"What's your title, Bumva?"

"Oh, so you're aware of our culture?" she asked with surprise.

"I'm good friends with Yarlg the Terrible."

"Yarlg is a good friend of mine too. My title is Bumva the Brutal."

"More like Bumva the Beautiful," he slyly grinned.

Her jaw dropped. She knew bards were known for flirting, but her heart couldn't stop thumping.

"I-I know you're blind but are you trying to be nice with me?" she stuttered.

"My words are sincere. Describe yourself to me. I already know you're taller than me from your voice."

"Uhm, I have dark green skin. Like uhm-"

"Lush green grass accompanied by lilies?"

If her face could turn crimson, it would by now.

"Continue."

She played with her black box-braided hair topped with a neatly made bun.

"I have black braided hair with a bun on top. My biceps can squeeze a watermelon in two and I wield a two-handed battle axe!"

She flexed her biceps where veins struck across like rivers. "Oh, I'm flexing right now," she clarified to the blind man.

"That is poetic. Powerful and gorgeous. I feel safe around you already."

She took a few steps back. She never knew a human who would act like this. Especially towards an orc. She wanted to hear more.

"A-And I have green eyes."

"Like the shiniest of emeralds?"

"B-Bard, my voice doesn't scare you?" she asked while tilting her head. Her eyes stared at him for any sign of deceit.