Solstice Part 2

The whole group arrives at the entrance to the guild. Railings decorated with boughs of holly. Sounds of conversation and clinking of glass pitchers travel to the outside.

Lively music makes Will's feet tap. "Sindy, is Nerdeani here?"

"She should be helping Herman out with the cooking."

He quickly runs away to their confusion.  "Be right back!"

He returns with a large bouquet of pink tulips, white peonies, and lavender flowers for his niece.

He brings out his mandolin and strums quietly.

"Even after my time has passed,
May this spell always last.
May these flowers keep their color,
So that she may never see them get duller."  

His magic touches the flowers which sparkle upon contact. Sindy's eyes well up from his final gift to his niece. Always thinking of others is what she will miss about him.

He crouches down and gently grasps her hands. He squeezes them as if he's giving her his strength to continue. "Do you need some time, Sindy?"

She swallows the lump in her throat. "I will be okay." He knows it was a lie, but he doesn't push her.

His family follows him from behind. He scans around and sees varieties of orcs, dwarfs, cat like people, humans, and elves drinking and playing cards.

Hastrabena is snuggling with her husband near the fireplace with a blanket over them.

"Mother!" Ghulnea calls out.

She looks over to see the group. Her auburn eyes blink multiple times as if some joke is being played on her. She thinks it's just the amount of ale that she drank. She taps her husband's arm and they get up.

"Happy Winter Solstice!" They greet to everyone as they walk over. She hugs her daughter and granddaughter.

"You both look so cute!" She cheerily says.

"Barriba looks just like her mother," her husband compliments.

"Gwaah!" Barriba proudly responds in a periwinkle onesie.

"Hastrabena, it's good to finally see you," William chimes in. The dwarven couple is about to laugh until the bard crouches down to their eye levels. Hastrabena's jaw drops in disbelief from seeing black pupils instead of white.

"C-Can you really see us?" She asks to clarify. He softly grasps her hands without needing to feel for them. He looks directly into her eyes.

"You're just as I imagined in my head. Your auburn eyes suit you," he warmly smiles.

An exhale leaves her mouth as her mind tries to process his words.

"Mother and father-in-law, my dad used a spell to see," Gulak bluffs to hide the real reason.

A beaming smile from ear-to-ear forms on her face. She latches onto him. "How does it feel to see everything and everyone?"

"It's a blessing."

"It sure is. You must have been happy to see what your family looks like."