Epilogue

Months fly by leading up to the end of Jaime and Mei-Xing's deal. In that time, a cold passed around the family. The huli-jing was afraid it was because of her presence, but her lover comforted her with an embrace.

"It's not you. This will pass," he repeated with a sniffle.

Part of her mind wanted to leave to see if things will get better for them, but Jaime's love bubbled up an intangible weapon from her heart.

Her thick white tails tingled with magic. She pointed the ends of her tails at his chest. The magic flowed through.

The pressure around his temples disappeared without a trace. No dizzy spells. Each breath without a hinderance. Her eyes widened and stared at him.

He smiled widely while holding her hands. "You cured me!"

Her jaw dropped with welled up eyes that it worked. She stopped herself from crying as she went to cure the rest of the family. The same effects took place, but she surveyed each of them for anything out of the ordinary.

Her golden irises watched Jaime sleep until the next morning. He woke up without any lingering side effects. He rubbed the bags under her eyes with his thumbs. She quickly dozed off with a peaceful smile.

 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

While going out with him to assist his work, a monocled man of elegant poise tasted a sample of his wine in the corner. The old man leapt up from his chair with excitement.

"This is kostlich (Germ for delicious)! "Who made this Albarino Mel?" He looked around.

"I did, sir," Jaime responded. "I'm glad you liked it."

"Liked it? I loved it! It reminds me of Eiswein from my native country. Sweet and smooth! I would love to invest in your company and expand it to the furthest limits!" He declared to an amazed crowd while handing an engraved card with gold lettering.

"Wow. Thanks, sir. I'm ready to talk business when you are."

"Wunderbar! Let's start now! Grab a seat!"

Mei-Xing goes to leave, but Jaime grasps her wrist. "My partner needs to know as well."

The monocled man motioned for her to sit down. She couldn't help but smile from ear to ear from being included more in his life's work. She listened to the terms of their deal and Jaime accepted the terms with his gut urging him to do it.

Their business relationship ended up beneficial as the name of Albarino Mel expanded to the multiple kingdoms of Germ and parts unknown. Record profits allowed the couple to buy a house of their own.

Jaime let her design each room to make it feel like home for them. He noted the white opaque silk curtains on the windows and for their bed transparent ones.

"Hmmm," Jaime smirked at her.

Her thin eyebrows rise up. "What are you thinking?"

"Is the transparent ones on purpose?"

He ducked a pillow, but eight more hit his body. He grabbed a pillow for a quick pillow fight with her, before tripping her into bed. Their eyes softened and hardened upon their gaze.

"I can't wait to marry you after our deal," he told her.

"I hope to see that day as well," before part of her frowned not knowing what the future holds.

"One day at a time, novia," he reminded her. She hoped he will be right......

Fortunately, Jaime proves her wrong as the good outweighed the bad up to their wedding day in Albarino. After dancing and their reception, she initiates the consummation of their marriage with a quick removal of his pants with her bare hands. Day turns into night which ends with him resting on top of her with her tails wrapped around them.