Albarino Pt 2

While the children admire the paintings, Bumva looks back in relief to see Mel and Will rejoining them.

Luis and Tuzah run ahead to find themselves in the throne room of the former Queen of Albarino. In the next room, two long tables are put together for their lunch.

"This is where Garth and the Skeleton Queen fought each other."

"Good riddance to that pathetic knight," the young half orc holds back a spit.

"Good thing dad was here to set things right," Emilia sneaks in behind them.

They almost jump out of their shoes from her immediate presence.

"Don't scare us like that, hermana!" Luis complains.

"Are you afraid she will come back from the dead?" Emilia squints at her little brother.

"I-I'm not scared of her!"

"Who knows? Her spirit may roam this place," she whispers to continue tormenting her sibling.

"We are part of the strongest family. We can take her!" Tuzah's shaking legs betray her words.

"Stop scaring them, Emilia," Jaime walks in.

"Mom and dad mentioned he purified the queen's body and her servants so they can rest without interruption," Esmerelda informs her youngest siblings.

Tuzah and Luis exhale in relief. Bumva walks in and sets a large pot on the table. She pulls the lid off to reveal a Spanish stew of white beans and pancetta. The savory aroma penetrates their noses. Luis and Tuzah's mouths water.

Mel sets the table and Bumva lets her. Maybe it will calm her down.

Shatter! The bowl she had dropped and broke on the floor.

"Are you okay, mom?" Jaime asks. The others are concerned for her.

"I'm sorry! Don't come near me," she crouches down to pick up the pieces.

"Wait, mi amor," Will readies his mandolin.

"Bowl that has broken in piece,
Reform back so soup may not decrease."

The pieces of the bowl form back together and the cracks magically seal like it never happened. Mel picks it up with shaky hands and sets it on the table.

"I'm not feeling too well. Go ahead and eat," she tells the others before walking away from them.

Emilia stands in her way and places the back of her hand against her forehead. "You don't seem too hot, mama. Are you tired?"

"I am."

Will finds her arm. "I will take her to her room." She lets him lead her away. 

"Feel better, mama!" Luis calls out to her. Mel kills the smile that's about to form on her face. The stroke on her arm from the bard almost makes the guilt subside.

"This way, mi amor," she directs by pulling him to the left.

Opening the door, fresh maroon linen is laid out on her bed. Will finds the bed with his foot and helps her sit down.

"I'm going to get you some soup."

Before he can turn, she pulls him back into her. She wraps her arms around him as if to tell him to stay with her. Her body trembles like a leaf against his. He embraces her back and kisses the top of her head numerous times. He hums an improvised melody to soothe her emotional pain. She focuses on the tone and closes her eyes.

---

Meanwhile, Bumva takes charge to avoid worrying everyone. She serves the soup to everyone and eats a bit.