The Queen

Garth raises his red-dimmed claymore and green shield in a stance as he sneaks down the dark hallway. He keeps himself in the middle of the carpet runway to prepare for any ambush the Queen would prepare for him.

He will use the late bard's enhancements along with his experience to finish the mission. He imagines donating part of the reward money to build a statue in William Bennett's honor for his sacrifice.

His loved ones will appreciate-

Kraa-kraa! the raven interrupts as it lands several feet away. The luminous blue irises stare at him within the darkness. It croaks at him repeatedly while hovering more feet away. It pecks at the carpet with a rapid pattern.

Garth understands that the raven is trying to guide him to the throne room or possibly a trap of more undead.

He cautiously steps forward to near the Queen's companion. Moonlight pouring through the windows ahead settles his unease. The raven flies through the open corridor and waits for him.

The knight uses the reflection of his blade to peer inside. Doors on each side of the corridor. Nothing else is there, but he isn't going to let his guard down. A skeleton or the Queen could pop out of any of these doors. 

Kraa! Kraa! Kraa!  The raven's getting impatient.

The knight decides to rush through and clings to the other wall. His heart races, but he takes deep breaths to calm his nerves. He drinks down a vial and pours another onto his blade.

The raven leads him down and flies into a room. He grips the hilt tightly as the moonlight reveals the object he saw. The raven sits on the top of the empty throne that belongs to the woman who killed his father. His blood boils, but he simmers down to prevent his feelings from getting the best of him.

He scans using his sword to find where she could be hiding. Moon light pours into the room through the large holes in the glass-stained windows, but the darkness is stronger in every corner of the room.

He decides to step inside.

Clang!

He blocks the Gladius sword that was going for his throat. Wisps of steam float up as some drops land on the threat. He hears a wince before being driven back through a wall. Fortunately, Will's defenses are still active thanks to his spell.

Thin dried violet streaks stain her cheeks. The Skeleton Queen's cobweb white hair spreads like a peacock as she lunges for a thrust. Garth sidesteps and goes for a critical downward swing, but she backsteps out of range.

As she backs up, the moonlight reveals her in a dress that unsettles him. A white wedding dress hugging her curves with heavy blots of sanguine. He grits his teeth as he charges at her.

Her wild magenta eyes rage akin to a furnace to snuff out Arthur's lineage. She slices upwards, downwards, horizontally, and diagonally to end him. Garth's hands shake with each block to find an opening. More drops of sacred water land on and around her as their blades clash. She doesn't care as she attacks like a vicious dog that won't let its prey get away.

He parries a thrust from the double-edged sword as he lunges forward. The blade of the Queen snaps as she jumps back. In that moment, she tackles him through a wall to weaken him.

He drives his sword downwards to pierce through her back, but she steps back and swings for a roundhouse kick. The warrior ducks but gets hit in the back of his head with her pulled back heel.

He rolls to avoid the stomp that leaves cracks in the floor. As Garth swings to the left, the Skeleton Queen ducks down. She aims with precision as she goes to spear through his heart. Garth stabs her hand with a hidden knife!