A New Home

The next morning, William clutches his head in pain. Although he can't see the room spinning, the sensation is still bad enough. Lying in bed is the best option since Melody is on top of him.

She stirs up and massages his temples from the hangover.

"Are you hungover as well?" He asks her with a wincing exhale.

"Not at all. I think your spell is the reason why."

"Lucky." He brushes his fingers through her long hair and can't stop, even if he wanted to.

"What a night."

"One of many to come," he speaks with optimism. That side of him encourages Mel to spoil his face with numerous kisses. He takes it all in before flipping her over and kissing her back.

She laughs. "That's my nose."

"Then correct your archer's aim, my target," he flirtatiously shoots back.

She tilts his head down and meets him there. They maintain that kiss for a while before his headache swings back like a pendulum. He rests his head on her chest. "I think breakfast with bacon and juice will cure me."

"How about a spell from your mandolin?"

He kisses her head. "The only noise I want to hear is your lovely voice, Mel." She brushes her fingers through his hair which alleviates his pain. He softly exhales from the relief as she keeps going. Eventually, she shifts him to the side and places a pillow under his head.

"Be right back."

She tip toes down the hall as daylight slowly pours in with a fall breeze that doesn't nip at her. She finds Bumva still at the table, holding onto Will's cape to keep her warm. She doesn't disturb her as she sees an elf making some pancakes.

"Hello," she softly greets.

"Hello, there! In case of last night, my name is-"

"Elajor," she finishes.

"Wow. You remembered after all those drinks."

"Drinking is one of my people's pastimes," she bluffs with a sufficient reason. The sweet aroma of makes her stomach grumble in response.

"I assume Will is still sleeping?"

"He is for now."

"Congratulations, again."

"Gracias."

"Would three be good for you?"

"Sure. I think Bumva would like that too."

"You got it. No longer have to skimp out since she was defeated. Although....it's still sad. They painted her like a monster," while preparing their plates.

"Still, she hurt you. Will told me about Drago," she carefully broaches the subject.

"I wish you could have met him."

Her heart skips several beats. "What was he like as a person?"

"He and Will were like two peas in a pod. Not at first, but later on. They always played several rounds of cards while discussing topics of life. Like love and stuff."

"Did...he have a lover?" The tough question lingers from her lips.

"He wasn't focused on women or men for that matter. But he enjoyed his friendships more than anything else."

"Were you two close?"

"I wanted us to be, but he turned me down....."

His words trailed off. Her lips quiver from the heartache she must have caused him. Tears well up behind her eyes as her body trembles.