Solstice Pt 3

Lanterns light up the walkway for their footsteps. Mint permeates their nostrils of the cooked meats that await them. Fathers lift their small children up on their shoulders to get a better view.

Numerous people are skating on the makeshift rink ahead of them. Some slip and fall, but they get back up to try again. Will's mouth drops in wonder from the many sights and activities he wants to do. But first things first, they head to Jaime's wine stand to check on him and his siblings.

Small vapors are pouring out from the heated red wine Jaime and Gash personally serve to the customers while Emilia, Javier, and Esmerelda hand out fresh lamb empanadas after purchase. Meanwhile, Hector and Jr stand outside to ensure no one is cutting the line. Business is running smoothly as customers of different species warm up from their beverages.

"Thanks for your business!" Jaime calls out. He nudges Gash to let him know their parents are here.

Will smiles proudly of their teamwork. "Need any help, son?"

"No need, papa. Have fun. We will be taking a break in an hour or so."

Gash hands them cups of heated red wine and food to enjoy. His brown eyes take in the red color and vapors before putting it to his lips for a sip. He swallows down the warm sweet flavor that helps him against the running cold wind.

"Que bueno!" He exclaims with pride.

"Jaime Bennett- Ramirez, estoy orgullosa de ti (I'm proud of you)," his mother speaks in Span.

His magenta eyes almost well up from hearing their words. He keeps his feelings inside and locks their words into his heart.

"Come back for-"

William pulls him in for a quick embrace that Melody joins. He fights himself not to cry as he planned to save those tears when they...

He feels their arms pushing him back.

"Take a break if you need to," his mother suggests.

"We will see you later!" Will tells them before getting a tug on his arm by Nerdeani.

"Let's skate, uncle!"

He lets her lead him away to where they can get skating shoes. After he and his wives put on their pairs, he almost loses his balance on walking on the thin blades. Bumva gives him support with one arm to catch him.

"Nice and easy," she advises with a laugh. Nerdeani expertly steps onto the edge of the frozen lake and waits for her uncle. Bumva lets go of him as his niece grabs his hands.

"Start with bending your knees and lean a little bit forward. Then do slow marches. Keep your eyes up and in the direction you want to go. Like walking, it's one step at a time," she instructs.

He listens while she holds onto his arms to keep him balanced. She takes steps backwards as he moves forward. She keeps giving him advice as she turns to his left side to lead him around.

"You're doing great, uncle!"

"T-Thanks!" He nervously says.

"Ready to do it on your own?"

"Sure," he second-guesses himself.

"Make it over to Tia Mel then."

His first wife is standing in place with perfect balance. She beckons him over with a waving hand. He keeps his eyes on her ruby ports as he makes his way. Another skater crosses his path which makes him throw his arms out--

"Ow!" He grunts from falling on his butt. Sindy and the others can't help but laugh.

"Come on, mi amor! I will give you a kiss if you make it," Melody encourages.