News

During the events of the previous days, the guild hall was almost silent, save for Claude's music that tried to uplift their spirits. He played a variety of songs, excluding the romantic songs since Nerdeani was present.

Sindy's husband wraps his arms around her and their daughter near the hearth.  Thier blue eyes were fixed on the entrance, hoping to hear Will's singing voice.

Elajor found there was more food available with one less mouth to feed. He buried the sadness of that fact.

Yang and Yarlg were playing cards to pass the time since the bulk of the army had been sent out. Their fingers twitched from the nerves building up in them. Would their friend end up just like Drago? Would Engla and every kingdom fall to the necromancer?

Hastrabena fiddled with her engagement ring as her memories with Will played in her mind. Although she was engaged, she hoped that the day he left wouldn't be the last time they see each other.

"I will attack her head-on while he provides support from the back" she remembered Garth's words and assurance to her.

Meanwhile, James Bennett took care of his wife. He massaged her feet, cooked everything, and tucked her in bed at nights. She could only think about if their miracle would return alive.

During the night that Melody was transformed back into a human, they saw signs that gave them some hope. James found a dove resting on the roof that was cooing peacefully. As if to relieve him and Dorothea of their stress. The dove flew out to behind their house. James' jaw dropped.

The rotten fruit has disappeared. Former dead trees now sprout leaves of green. He got his wife out of bed to see the sights. A swelling of hope formed between the couple. Tears of happiness dripped to the ground.

Sindy almost hopped with joy as a feeling resonated in her heart. Hastrabena felt the same way. Yang and Yarlg couldn't help but smile as they sparred against each other.

The next day, Elajor wakes up from a deep nap by the shining of a sphere. He takes the glass sphere out.

"Elajor?" a woman's voice speaks out.

He startles awake from the mage soldier that he entrusted to tell him the status of Will. He holds back his hope, thinking it would be terrible news.

"T-Tell me."

"The Skeleton Queen has been defeated and your friend, Will, is alive!" she happily tells him. The elf jumps with a great joy. He runs out with the sphere in hand.

"Everyone! Will is alive!" he yells at the top of his lungs. Everyone shoots up from their chairs. They stare at him as the words almost settle in.

"The mage I talked to confirm it! He's alive and the Skeleton Queen has been defeated!" he repeats.

The hall erupts into celebration from all the different races in the building. Their growls, roars, and shouts can be heard down several streets. Nerdeani jumps into her mother's arms who spins her around in place. Claude smiles from ear to ear as he played a festive tune to match the environment.

"WAIT!" the orb yells again, piercing the noise. Everyone gets quiet. "There's more to tell you. Garth the Gallant died, but don't feel bad about him."

Sindy feels her stomach flip-flopping so she has her husband take their daughter out for a bit.

The mage told them all the information they found out from William: what House Vinum did to Albarino, how the Queen came to be, and Melina as the last survivor of her people. What they thought was an evil queen was all a lie told by House Vinum. Yarlg grips the hilt of his sword tightly as Drago died from their lies.