The Last Task

¶ Chapter| Forty Two ¶
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

¶ Chapter| Forty Two ¶~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

£ Afternoon

Amogh sat beside her his back against the couch as she start the story of her life.

" From childhood, I and Champa were neglected, my Dadi never leave a chance to taunt me, Champa and our Ma. New toys, clothes and other things always come for Anmol and I and Champa just stood at a distance looking at him when Dadi and Baba showered their love on him and we have no idea what wrong we did, why there is nothing for us?"

Amogh look at her and saw her eyes fixed ahead as if she is reliving the moments.

" One day I was playing with others when I spotted a house away from the other houses in the village I know a lady lives there and I heard everyone say she is a witch. One day I couldn't control my curiosity and went towards her house and I got shocked to see a very beautiful young lady instead of some hideous witch first she scold me why I came there and but then when I asked her why everyone calls her a witch? Why she lives here alone away from anyone? She made me sit beside her and told her story"

" Even though I was so young that time I understood whatever she went through because I saw it every day happening in front of my eyes. This society is male dominant and everything happens according to them....."

Jasmine told him whatever she saw that day happened with her Shanti kaki. His mind is not able to believe it from childhood he heard and believes that women are wrong but Jasmine was in no condition to lie right now. She hasn't slept for 2 days if she didn't sleep today there might be serious consequences for her health.

" I cried till days because I want my Shanti kaki to get justice but no one believed me or rather believed me but did nothing. I stop talking to anyone and for hours I sit alone in the darkness I never get afraid of darkness my Dadi suggested taking me to some Baba she believed Shanti kaki's spirit is haunting me. She did take me but nothing happened then one day my Ma wants me to take me to a temple and that day I snapped. My belief is finished in God I saw that lady go to temple every day, pray and women giving her glares and men tries to harass her even after that she didn't stop going there then why God didn't save her "

" After that incident, I developed two fears male touch and blood. Everything was set I want to do a master's and have a good job but Anmol ruined everything and I paid the price then after marriage when you agreed to my job it was the happiest day for me but my happiness doesn't last long I understood what is running in your mind and I know the consequences of going from here but I went and you did what you want"

It was surprising for Amogh because one second ago she was telling her story peacefully but suddenly she grabbed his shirt collar and stare at his eyes with her bloodshot eyes.