Chapter 9

Angel's POV

"I feel like a proud mother right now." My bestie said as he admired his work. You see after Xavier dropped me off , I found him already waiting impatiently for me. We sat around and had junk food while I told him everything that happened last night and this morning. He was grinning like an idiot and said 'you like him don't you' I mean yeah I do. Who wouldn't. Xavier is not a bite but a full course meal. He's so perfect in many ways. I bet even lesbians would tap that.

After I told him about the date he scolded me saying why didn't I tell him earlier. I'm pretty sure he was going to take us shopping he never misses a chance. He dragged me upstairs and started preparing for me. After taking a shower I found him holding a dress in his hands and a smile on his face.

'This is so perfect, he'll definitely drop his jaw once he sees you in this 'he said before handing it to me. He did a light natural look make up on my face. I'm really not one to cake my face,no thank you. This dress is really beautiful, my mom bought it for me two years ago when we attended the seminar. It's navy blue and reaches right above my knees so it wasn't too short. It's strapless and shows a little cleavage. I love the way it hugs my body. I did feel beautiful ans I hope Xavier likes it too. I had on my three inches pumps ,I didn't want to wear high heels that'll make me uncomfortable. I just wanted to be myself and not act like someone I'm not. My hair as in a tight neat bun on top of my head.

"Come let's take some pics, this is a day to be remembered" B said as he took out his phone ,clicking pictures. We heard the door opens and the closes. It must be mom . I looked at clock and it was almost time for Xavier to pick me up. I started getting nervous.

"Angie baby I'm home, I ordered pizza on my way here ,I hope you don- "mom stood at the door to my room. Looking shocked.

"Oh my God, baby you look so beautiful. What's the occasion?"mom said as she at me with the same eyes Broox was giving a few minutes ago. Before I could answer he beat me to it.

"Oh hi miss Gabby , she's going on a date "he said that in a singing voice and my mom smiled at me .

"Oh honey, finally. This guy must be worth it. You look beautiful my baby. "She says as continued to look at me. Mom has been bugging me about this just like Broox . They'd usually tell me that I should let lose and act my age. Mom feels guilty that I didn't want to be in any relationship because of what happened between her and my sorry excuse of a father. I just can't help it thou, I'm afraid to give someone a chance to break me. Giving someone your love and trust is like handing them a knife they'd later use to stand you on your back .

Before we could continue our little chat the door bell rang and my eyes widened. I walked to the door ,mom and Broox behind. I opened the door and there he stood. Looking handsome as ever. And coincidentally he was wearing a navy blue suit that matched my dress. He had roses in his hands and he smile as he took me in. He was unashamedly checking me out .

"Hi"

"Hey" I answered

"These are for you " he handed me the roses and I blushed saying a small thank you . He kisses my forehead and I blushed even more. I looked up to his eyes. We were in our own world until I heard my mom clear her throat. I broke out of whatever trance I was in and look back at mom. She had a frown on her face.

"Mr Collins, you ?" She said still frowning.

"Um yeah, miss Martinez I hope you don't mind me taking your lovely daughter out " he said with a smile.

"I must say Mr Collins, I'm not comfortable with this. I expect her back home before 10." She said then walked out, followed by Broox.

"Okay that was wierd, you look beautiful by the way. Let's go." He led me to the car and then opened the car do for me.

The ride was silent and I felt like i was suffocating so I ask a questions.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked and he looked at me then chuckled.

" It's a suprise kitten, I know you'll like it." He said and squeezed my thigh a little. Goosebumps spread all over my body. His touch is always the best. We pulled over and he got out and came to my side and opened the door for me. How Romantic my inner girl said in a dreamy voice.

This place was so beautiful. It was so elegant and classy.  Women in expensive dresses and shoes, men in expensive suits and jewelry. This is definitely a five star restaurant I tell you. As made our way inside the hostess greeted him and told him everything is ready. She looked very beautiful. But the glare she gave me made her ugly.

We walked upstairs and entered what seemed to be a private dining area. It was decorated very elegantly. And the view was so beautiful. He led me to the table and then pulled out a sit for me. I muttered a thank you.

" This is so beautiful. Thank you." I said blushing.

"No kitten, thank you. You deserve nothing but the best. And I intend on providing that for you."

It was quite for a while before the waiter came with menus.

" Good evening, I'll be your waiter for the evening. What would you like for starters ? "

He asked with a smile as he looked at me. He was really nice looking but his a boy compared to this man infront of me.

"Well for starters Jake, I'd appreciate if you stop looking at my girl that way." Xavier said with a cold face.

"Secondly tell Isha to come serve us you're dismissed."

That was harsh. And did he just call me his girl. Ooh my god I must be dreaming. I'm Xavier Collins's girl ! Me wow.

The guy that I know now as Jake left quietly after muttering sorry boss. So this is his restaurant. He sure does has taste.

After a while a lady with long black hair and big brown eyes came to take our orders. I ordered chicken Alfredo and garlic bread. Like I said I'm not going to make myself someone I'm not. I love food so I wasn't shy for food . Never was ,never will be. We talked a lot and our dinner went well. Now we were finished with food and he was looking intently at me.

"What " I asked.

"You're really beautiful Angelique. I hope my intentions are known by now. I'd really like to get to know you better. I don't know what is it about you that pulls me in so much. I know I don't have the best reputation when it comes to relationship, but I really want to have you in my life."

"I-I Uhm I "

" It's okay kitten you don't have to answer me now. I just wanted to let you know how I feel. I'd really appreciate it if you'd give me a chance. "

I was totally stunned.