Chapter 17

Xavier's POV

I hate myself. I really hate myself for putting her through all this heartbreak. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it, I have never felt this hopeless. I have tried to look for ways to dodge this. I overworked Ethan and his team myself included, I asked for favours, I begged for help, I threatened people hell I even bribed some cops but all this wasn't enough. I failed.

As soon as she left this shell of a house that holds so many memories of us together, I went straight to my room to kick the bitch out. She was no longer needed.

"Leave" I said holding the whiskey bottle.

"But baby we haven't done anything yet. How can I leave you so tense. Let me take care of you." She made her way to me. Walking in what she thought is a seductive walk towards me. But she was anything but seductive. She just made my blood boil. I didn't want to touch her, fuck I don't even wanna look at her.

"Just fucking leave Getty, I don't want you here anymore." I said. Walking away from her. She better not test me.

"It's Grace you asshole."

She started taking her shit and I was glad she wasn't persistent. At least she still has some shame. I heard the door slam and I released a sigh. I knew it'll hurt. But I wasn't prepared for this at all. She fucking hates me now. How am I ever going to survive without her. I've gotten so used to being around her. Coming home from work and find her here waiting for me in our home. This house had finally felt like a home with her presence here. I don't think I'll be able to stay here any longer the memories will haunt me.

I had to keep reminding myself that I did all of this for her sake but it want enough to stop my heart from shattering but at least I know why I did this. She doesn't know anything, she must be really hurt. If  hurting this bad I wonder how is she holding up. Has she reached home? Did she tell her mom? I'm such a mess. I downed bottle then threw it across the room. It shattered like my heart the second it collided with the wall. I let the tears fall as I recalled our conversation. She was so hurt, defeated, confused and broken. I have put salt on her wounds. The wounds I had intended to heal with my love and affection.

What a terrible twist to our love story. I had so many dreams and expectations. I wanted to take care of her, to love her and to cherish her. But instead I gave her pain and agony as a birthday present. I was taken out of my thoughts by my phone vibrating in my pocket. I looked at the caller ID thinking it was her, but unfortunately it wasn't. It was a private number, probably Lopez. That fucker. He thinks he's invisible but he has another thing coming. Now that I've got nothing to lose I'm going to go all in. I'm going to handle this myself and I'll make sure they both pay.

"What"

"I see you've made your decision. It's a good decision if I should say myself. Now we need to talk business Collins."

"Listen Sebastian and Angelique are out of the picture what more do you want. I'll fucking marry Montez's daughter, you'll be able to do whatever shit you want. Now what the fuck do you still want to talk about. Isn't this what you wanted? Full access to my father's company's properties so that you can run your fucking illegal shit." I was done playing hi puppet.

"Ncncnc that's not a way to talk to someone who can ruin you Mr Collins. Or have you forgotten why you're doing all of this?"

" What do you want Lopez? I've got nothing else to fucking give you." I was losing my shit.

"Nothing yet. I'll keep in touch partner." I know what's he trying to do. And I'll not give him the satisfaction of seeing me lose my shit.