Chapter 16

Angel's POV

After Xavier left I was broken. What had caused his sudden outburst. He has never talked to me like that. Did I do something wrong. Why was he so mad? All these questions ran through my mind as I was cleaning yesterday's mess. It was nice, we had a very good time so I wonder what went wrong.

I wanted to leave after he left but I couldn't leave without knowing what was wrong. I wanted him to feel better. I believe that communication is the best way to solve every problem in a relationship. You have to sit down and talk things out, understand each other. I didn't want to give up on him. It's the first time he acts like this. I can't just up and leave.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard my phone ring. I checked the caller ID hoping it's Xavier but it was mom. She must be asking when am I coming home. She still doesn't think it's a good idea for me to see Xavier. She tells me this whenever she gets a chance but I can't leave him. I think I'm falling in love with him. I answered the phone.

"Happy birthday sweetheart, I love you so much."

Wait what. Is it really my birthday. I couldn't believe it. I checked my phone and it was the tenth of July Jesus. I forgot my own birthday.

"Honey are you still there. Hello Angie?"

"Yes mom thank you. I love you too and I miss you so much. Hope you don't have any plans for today. I wanna celebrate with you." I finally said after composing myself. I didn't want her to know that I'm not in a good mood.

"I took a day off specially for you sweetheart. You know we always spend this day together it's very special. I thought you'd want to spend it with Xavier this year though. You're never home."

"Mom you're never home as well. I get bored there alone. You know when Broox is not around I don't have other friends."

"I know sweetie. Now come home quickly, your mother miss you. I have already made plans for us."

"Okay mother I'm coming right now as we speak."

"Good because I can't wait any longer. I'll hang up now. Kisses"

I chuckled at her eagerness. As I made my way to the stairs I heard the door open. I ran to the door hoping it's Xavier but again it wasn't him, it was Mr and Mrs Martin. They work for Xavier. Sandy works as a maid and her husband Chase is a chef. They come maybe like thrice a month.

"Good morning Ms Angie" they both said in unison.

"Good morning Mr and Mrs Martin." I said back.

"Oh Ms we've told you to call us by our names. No need to be formal."

" Exactly, I have also told you guys to call me Angie"

"Oh but miss you're Mr Collins's girlfriend we wouldn't dare you call you by name."

"That's not right. I'm way younger than you. It doesn't feel right. Now enough about this. I'll be upstairs if you need anything but I'm leaving in a few minutes." I said then left them to do their work.

•••••••

"Wow mom I needed that." I said as mom and I got inside the car. We had spent the day at the spar, getting pampered. I felt so relaxed after my very tiring night with Xavier but of course I wouldn't say that to mom.

"Yes honey we should come here often. Work can get so tiring. Things has been tense at work you know."

"Does Mr Collins know about me and his son?" I asked.