Chapter 22

Angel's POV

"Oh kitten what should I do with you?"

I heard the voice that haunts my dreams every night say. What the hell is he doing here? Is he stalking me? Why is he here? Why can't he just let me be?

"Uh kitten are you alright." His voice brought me back to reality.

The reality where I'm in his arms. Just like the first day we met. This brought so many memories, memories I'm pretty sure he has forgotten about. Memories that haunts me.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm here to check up on you. You ran off the other day, we couldn't speak properly. I want byus to talk about this." He looked at my bump as he said the last part.

"Talk? You want to fucking talk. Well I ain't got shit to say to you. And "this" that you want to talk about are my babies not yours." His face changed to a shocked one, then I realised what I just said.

Great now he knows I'm carrying two babies.

"B..babies we're having two babies. Oh kitte-"

" Just drop the act Xavier and leave we don't need you. And I never said they're yours, did I ?" I said taking a few steps away from him. Mom must be getting worried.

"Not mine, oh come on kitten. I know you and I know you'll never let anyone touch you, unless it's me right?" He said with a smirk.

"Just leave." I said leaving him standing there.

How did he even know I'd be here? My mood was spoilt already. I saw mom taking to the receptionist, I went there and we singed the forms then went to the doctor.

"Hello Miss Martinez, get comfortable for a while I'll be back." The doctor said then left with my mom.

A few minutes passed then the door opened but it wasn't the doctor or my mom. It was him. He looked like he's been crying. What the hell! He sat next to me on the examining table, I was only in a hospital gown so I felt uncomfortable being almost naked next to him. He took my hand in his and those damn goosebumps rose from my skin, I didn't feel like fighting so I just sat there confused. What's he up to?

"Listen Angel I'm not here to fight. I just .. I'm sorry okay. For everything. I just need to talk to you, just once. Please Angelique I beg of you. I swear I'll leave just promise me we'll talk."

"Talk about promises, how many did you make to me but failed to keep huh Xavier Collins?" I said looking at him straight in the eyes.

His eyes became glossy with tears and I felt bad, but I shouldn't. I shouldn't care about him. So I yanked my hand from his.

"Fine, just leave. I can't stand you." He looked hurt by my words but said nothing.

"Okay I'll leave. This is my number, I figured you might not have them anymore. Please call me." He looked at my bump and smiled then he left.

He left, he left me again. But you wanted him to leave. Yeah but I wanted him to fight as well. To at least give me a sign that he still wants me. I desperately wanted to believe it but it's just so hard. Whenever I see his face I'm reminded of that day. How did we get here?

Mom and Dr Addams walked in. She asked me questions about my pregnancy so far. We heard the babies heartbeats and like always I cried my eyes out. We didn't want to know the gender yet. She told me the next session will be in three weeks.

"And we're done for the day. Stay safe okay." She said taking off her gloves.

We said our goodbyes then left. I was quiet the whole ride and mom noticed.