Chapter 16-Even Weirder Dreams

I held Newt's hand as we walked with Minho and Thomas to the Med-jack hut. Newt pushed open the door and strode inside.

"Jeff, what's going on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?" Newt asked Jeff.

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did."

Newt caught Thomas watching the girl. "Do you recognise her?" Newt asked him.

"No," he said, but I could hear hesitation in his voice.

Really? Because she seemed to recognise you," Newt pressured.

"What about the note?" Thomas asked in an attempt to change the subject.

"We'll worry about the note later," Newt answered.

"I think you should worry about it now," Thomas reasoned.

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment," Newt sighed. I rubbed circles on the back of his hand.

"He's right, Newt," Jeff interjected. "If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that, let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody has gotta have some answers around here," Newt decided.

"Okay," Thomas said and turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" Newt asked him.

"Back into the maze," he replied. Minho and Newt shared a look before Minho jogged out after him. I sighed deeply and moved closer to Newt who immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"You okay love?" He asked.

"Just tired."

"Let's get you to bed then."

"No, I want to stay and help you."

"Love, you need sleep. You were running for your life all night," Newt trailed his fingers lightly over my cheek. I leaned my face against his hand.

"Maybe a twenty minute nap couldn't hurt," I gave in. Newt smiled slightly and led me out of the hut and across the field into the Homestead. Once in our room, I flopped on my bed and groaned in relief. Newt chuckled and placed a blanket over me.

"I'll see you later, okay?" He leaned in and kissed my forehead. I nodded and he moved to get up.

"No proper kiss?" I asked. He laughed and kissed me gently on the lips. He got back up and started to leave before he turned around with a frown.

"What was that between you and Minho earlier? It was like you two were having a silent conversation," he asked. I sighed and gestured for him to come over to me. I sat up and leaned in to whisper in his ear.

"When we were in the maze something weird happened. Minho and I got cornered by a Griever, it was coming for us but then I stepped in front of Minho to try to shield him. I don't know how to describe the next bit but me and the Griever had a staring contest and then it left," I whispered. Newt frowned.

"It just left? Why would it do that?" he wondered out loud.

"I'm not sure, but I'm certain it's connected to my dreams."

"Okay, I'm assuming we should keep this quiet?" He asked and I nodded. He sighed and got up, "I should get going."

"I love you," I said suddenly as he reached the door.

He smiled at me, "I love you too."

He left and I was left alone in the quiet room. I sighed and snuggled into the blanket. My eyes drifted shut and I fell into a nightmare riddled sleep.