Chapter 32-This is Probably Thomas' Fault

We were tied over a large gap in the floor that would kill us if we dropped down there. We were all hanging by our ankles, unfortunately they took my knives so I couldn't cut us loose.

"Good plan, Thomas. 'Just hear what the man has to say.' Really working out for us," Minho commented.

"Shut up, Minho," Thomas snapped back.

"Maybe I can reach the rope," Minho suggested and he and a couple others started trying.

"Enjoying the view?" Jorge entered the room with his cane and stopped a short distance away from the edge in front of me.

"What the hell do you want?" Thomas demanded.

"That is the question," Jorge answered, "My men want to sell you back to Wicked. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something told me that you're not either."

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho wondered aloud.

"Tell me what you know about the Right Arm," Jorge demanded.

"I thought you said they were ghosts," Newt commented.

"I happen to believe in ghosts," Jorge told us and wandered over to the lever on the other side of the room that controlled the ropes holding us. "Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves."

The airwaves? The Right Arm must be close.

I snuffed out my hope because it was unlikely we'll be able to get out of here.

"You can tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal," Jorge suggested.

"We don't know much," Thomas admitted and Jorge moved the lever. We all fell a short distance before the rope went taut again.

"Okay! Okay, alright! They're hiding in the mountains, and they attacked Wicked. They got out a bunch of kids—" Thomas began but I cut him off.

"It's led by someone called Vince and he has two sons, one being a boy called Alex who is an Enhanced. Vince is scared of spiders and Alex loves to eat strawberries."

Jorge walked slowly across the room to stand in front of me. "Y/n Y/l/n."

"Sorry what?" I began but the others all yelled stuff.

"You know who she is?" Newt asked.

"We've never met but a couple years ago she was wanted by Wicked for numerous crimes. Her and her brother were quite a thorn in Wicked's side and led them on quite the wild goose chase. At one point that had all three of Wicked's most powerful Enhanced chasing after them," Jorge laughed and then went quiet, "Just your head in a bag would fetch quite the pretty price."

"All three?" Teresa asked.

"We call them by their aliases. They don't share their real names for whatever reason. We call them the Phoenix, the Wolf and the Snake."

"Coralie, James and Livia," I interrupted and Jorge looked surprised.

"Jorge!" Another man entered the room, one of the ones who followed us earlier. "What's going on?"

"Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted. We're done now," Jorge turned around to leave.

"Hey wait! You're not going to help us?" Thomas asked him stupidly. The other man looked at Jorge and Jorge almost imperceptibly winced.

"Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong. Hang tight," Jorge turned and left.

Everyone's eyes instantly went to me.