Sisters

The scene opens to outer space. There is a distant flash of light, from which four glowing objects emerge and approach the camera; pan to follow them across the cosmos. As they home in on Earth, three peel off while the fourth heads straight for the planet. A camera shift reveals it to be long and cylindrical, something like a missile in shape, with several trailing tentacles.

Cut to the night sky, where a fireworks show is in full swing. Pull back to show the area as the waterfront; the craft's brilliant streak descends past the display and below the horizon.

Pan to a nearby carnival: Ferris wheel, roller coaster, games, the usual. Close-up of one of the wheel's cars, which holds Robin and Starfire. She watches the pyrotechnics with complete awe and sighs blissfully.

Starfire: Beautiful. Tell me again what they are called.

Robin: Fireworks.

Starfire: On my home planet, such explosions would mean the Gordanians were attacking. You are certain Earth is not under attack?

Robin: Positive. Cotton candy?

He holds the pink stuff out to her.

Starfire: The last time I ate a ball of cotton, it was white. And it did not taste very--

Robin: This is different.

He pulls off a wad and pops it into his mouth; cautiously, she follows suit and realizes it is indeed different from the cotton ball.

Starfire: Mmmm... It vanished!

Robin: Yeah. It'll do that.

Starfire: When I first came to this planet, I did not think I would ever fit in. Earth was full of strange things. But now, I see that--

Robin: Here comes the finale! Yes!

In the sky, the display has turned into a fusillade of redoubled intensity.

Robin: Whoo-hoo-hoo! Amazing!

Starfire: Earth is full of amazing things, too.

Robin: Best planet I've ever been to.

The craft seen in space sweeps past the Ferris wheel and yanks Starfire from her seat in its tentacles; she is carried screaming into the sky.

Robin: STARFIRE!!
.
.
.
.
.
.

============================

The shot opens up with the craft streaking toward the camera over the bay. The carnival is now in the distant background. Starfire struggles against the hold on her.

Starfire: Wherever you are taking me, I do not wish to go!

She fires a starbolt at the tentacles' base; the craft stops in midair, crackling all over with the energy of the shot, and she extricates herself and bugs out. The device goes after her. From here, cut to an overhead shot of the carnival game booths, then to a close-up of several bottles set up for the old ring-toss game.

A ring is thrown into view, bouncing off the neck of a bottle as a near miss; the next one rattles down on target. The next batch of rings all land right down the bottles. Tilt up to the counter, to the sound of Beast Boy's laughter. He, Mason and Cyborg have been playing.