S2: How Long is Forever?

The scene opens to the exterior of Titans Tower at night. As an alarm clock's ticking is heard, the sky pivots about the center of the horizon; the dark panorama rotates out of view and is replaced by the morning sun against wild blue yonder. The alarm begins to ring, and the camera cuts to an extreme close-up of the sleeping Starfire's closed eyes. She opens them with a gasp, then squeezes them shut excitedly on the next line.

Starfire: The day has arrived!

She looks off to one side; cut to the source of the ringing, an alarm clock shaped like the Amazing Mumbo that sits on her dresser. She reaches into view to shut it off, and we see a close-up of a drawer, which she opens to reveal a pile of toys and party favors. She sweeps up the lot and giggles o.c.; outside in the hall, her door opens and she peeks cautiously back and forth.

More bubbly little laughs escape her as she zips out and starts to ease toward the corner, whisking from one wall to the other as she goes. Her armload jingles slightly. One item falls away when she ducks around the bend and out of sight, but she reaches back to pick it up.

Now she makes her way past the stairs. Cut to inside a closed door; it slides open to admit her, and she lowers her goodies to expose her beaming face. Hearts float up around it.

Starfire: HAPPY BLORTHOG!!

A question mark pops up by her head.

Starfire: Huh?

Her perspective, looking into the operations center. Raven sits off to one side and reads, Mason is seen without his helmet and headphones on sleeping not realizing he was laying on Raven's shoulder, Robin stands before a boom box in the kitchen, and Beast Boy and Cyborg are playing GameStation; the racing game seen in "Sisters." A thundering hip-hop track drowns out all other sound at this point. Close-up of Robin, whose hair is being blown back by the wall of sound, then of Cyborg and Beast Boy. They are having a tug-of-war over the game controller.

Cyborg: Come on, Beast Boy, gimme that thing!

Beast Boy: Dude! I'm in the middle of a game, Cyborg!

Cyborg: Yeah, my game, 'cause it's my turn!

Cut to the completely unflappable reader.

Beast Boy: Give me the controller!

Cyborg: No! Let go!

Beast Boy: It is my turn!

Starfire: Friends! We must frolic and leap in glorious celebration, for today is Blorthog, the Tamaranean festival of friendship!

Roses bloom all around her head as she says this. When she finishes, she grins broadly for several seconds, and then the flowers fall away, to the sound of a mental car wreck, as she realizes that no one is paying the least attention.

Disgruntled, she looks around the place and drops the items she has carried in, except for a few strands of jingling bells that hang from her wrists. Cyborg leans into view, still struggling with the o.c. Beast Boy, and she turns cheerfully to him.

Starfire: Joyous greeting, friend!

As a tentacle snakes into view.

Starfire: I, Starfire, give you this tinnabula as a symbol of--

It wraps around his neck; she gasps.

Cyborg: You're gonna pay for that, you little grass stain!

His eye implant hangs in the air a moment after he is pulled back, then zips after him. A few seconds later, there is yell and a camera-shaking crash from the two boys' direction, and Beast Boy hops into view as a frog, with the GameStation controller in his mouth. Reverting to human form, he laughs and starts playing again. Starfire holds a string of bells out to him.