S5: Kole

Opening shot: the night sky, shining with the diffused luminosity of the aurora borealis, or Northern Lights. Pan/tilt down to bring a cylindrical black-and-silver tower into view on a plain covered with snow and glaciers.

It is topped with a large gem or crystal prism, and the details on its side, including a large yellow circle, resemble a giant light bulb. At this distance, a figure can be seen on the uppermost platform as a tiny blob, but the voice instantly gives away the identity of the one responsible for this lot.

Doctor Light: Brilliant...

Cut to the platform; he steps to a control panel near the crystal, which is held upright by a set of clamps. A thick cable is plugged into his back.

Doctor Light: ...if I do say so myself. My dazzling creation will transfer the energy from the sky into my suit!

When he presses a button, lights around the crystal's base flick on one by one and the rock itself begins to pulse bright green. Long shot, showing a varicolored beam of energy connecting it to the astronomical light show, then cut to a close-up of the crystal and tilt down to its base. The other end of Doctor Light's cable is hooked up here, and the camera pans to follow the juice that flows from here into his back. The lights on his gloves and chest now cycle in time with the crystal.

Doctor Light: Soon, I'll have all the power of the Northern Lights at my fingertips! And up here at the Arctic Circle, no one will ever come to stop me!

A distant flash pops on the horizon and resolves into something racing across the snow, toward the camera at high speed. The details sort themselves out during approach: it is the T-Ship, fixed up after being shot down in "Snowblind," and riding on pontoons as if they were giant ice skates. It thunders up a hill and skids to a stop as the camera pulls back in an overhead view to frame the human power station watching from his crow's-nest position.

He voices a soft, shocked gasp and finds himself facing Robin when that cockpit opens first. The Titan is wearing the same hooded tunic/coat he used in the previous episode, and he pushes the hood back and cocks one eyebrow.

Robin: Wanna bet?

Fade to black.
.
.
.
.
.

===============================

Opening shot: a close-up of the pulsing energy beam that streams down from the skies. Tilt down to Doctor Light, frozen in a moment's indecision at having been interrupted, and cut to the rest of the Titans.

All are dressed for the cold as in "Snowblind"; Beast Boy has gone back to his original hood and goggles, not the fur hat he swiped from Starfire, who is still outfitted as normal and ready to throw some heat. After a moment, Robin jumps down to join them.

Doctor Light: The Teen Titans. Even you will be no match for my enhanced powers.

He raises one heavy glove and throws a blast, but Raven counters it by erecting a hemispherical shield around all six.

Raven: Doctor Light, why do you even keep trying?

Mason: Yeah man. No matter what you're always gonna be a villain of the week.

Doctor Light: If at first you don't succeed...

Close-up of the control panel, panning across as he twists a dial and a row of bar-graph readouts lights up. Now two more beams from above lock in on the crystal heart of his setup, the power boost floods into his back, and his eyes glow above a fierce grimace: something they have never done before. Raven drops her shield, the camera pulling back a bit, and the Titans charge before Robin can even think about using his trademark line. Beast Boy has become a tiger for this assault.