S2: Betrayal

The episode opens to a complex of buildings overlooking a rocky ridge. It is early evening. Zoom in slowly, then cut to a room inside; a guard falls unconscious to the floor, and several of Slade's commando robots, one carrying a large canister, walk past him. Overhead view: many other guards lie knocked out as well. Outside, a section of the wall is blown out and the screen fills with dust, which clears to show the robots making their exit.

Robin's birdarang flashes across the screen and smashes away part of the leader's head; cut to a close-up of it in flight and follow it back to the thrower's hand. Pull back to show the original five Titans on the scene.

Robin: Tell Slade the Titans have a message for him.

Tilt up; Terra stands on one of several floating boulders.

Terra: Eat dirt!

We see that she has forgone the goggles she used in "Terra" and "Titan Rising." She sends all the spare rocks across the open area and neatly crushes several robots.

Robin: Titans! Go!

All seven move in, Terra bringing a few more rocks along. She changes positions and lowers the one she was standing on so that Robin can hop aboard. Laser blasts from the surviving robots slash the air, but he swerves expertly around them. Finally, he leaps off; the stone crashes into one shooter, and he delivers a flying kick to another. More shots emerge from farther back, zeroing in on the approaching Starfire.

She returns fire with her eye beams, tracing a blazing path through three other robots; it explodes after a moment and throws them in all directions. Raven's turn. She levitates an enormous slab of rock.

Raven: Terra! Catch!

She propels the mass at the blonde, who puts her hands up and gets it under control as Raven lets go. Down it comes like a few dozen loads of bricks to crush a knot of robots to pancakes.

Terra: Thanks a ton.

Raven: Closer to two tons, actually.

She creates a shield in front of herself; a laser shot immediately blasts it apart and throws her backward. The robot that fired it flies up behind her, using its boot-mounted rockets to stay aloft, and cuts loose with another blast that shatters Terra's stone platform. She tumbles to the ground and very soon finds herself staring up at a couple of the burglars, but Beast Boy, as a large gorilla, jumps down behind her and roars, pounding his chest in fury.

Cut to one robot, which gets a huge green smack across the face, then pan to the other just in time for it to receive the same. A third runs toward Beast Boy and is swatted away; a fourth jumps on his back, but he picks it off, slams it to the ground, and throws it against a charging fifth. Finally, he roars, scoops Terra up, and returns to human form.

Terra: You saved me.

Beast Boy: Yeah. That was cool.

Terra: Uh, Beast Boy? You can put me down now.

He comes to his senses with a little yelp and does so, then backs up.

Beast Boy: Right. I was just, uh...

A robot being thrown past them cuts him off; he gives her a big sheepish grin and runs in the direction it came from. Brief close-up of Terra's suddenly worried face, then cut to another part of the plain, where Mason and Robin and two commando charge at each other. His fighting staff out and at full length, he nails the enemy with a backward flip kick to the chin and swings the weapon to knock away another one when it rushes in as Mason charges with his battle disks.

A roar and jump carry Mason in range to bash a third upside the head, the camera panning to follow. As he lands the blow, there is a brief flicker and click as of a camera shutter snapping. After this, we see them in freeze frame; their names appears on the screen along with a few computer graph readouts.