Car Trouble

The episode opens to a litter of auto parts and tools on a garage floor. The sound of mechanical work is heard from o.c., and the camera pans across the jumble and cuts to each of the following in turn. First, a bit of spot welding is carried out. Sheet metal is cut to make a body panel, after which a shock absorber is set in place and a hubcap is bolted on.

Next, a taillight is installed; in this shot, we see Cyborg's hand holding the part; he is the one putting this vehicle together. An engine is lowered toward the camera on an overhead crane, blacking out the screen when it is close enough. From here, snap to a close-up of it in place; Cyborg reaches into view and torques a couple of bolts.

Extreme close-up of the open hood, which he closes before smiling and removing a rag from his shoulder to wipe his forehead. Cyborg climbs into the driver's seat and presses a button on the dashboard. No response.

Cyborg: Huh?

He hunches down over the steering wheel and starts grumbling to himself. A thought balloon appears over his head, with assorted components scrolling by as if on a stock ticker. After a few seconds, they are replaced by a glowing light bulb. Cyborg straightens up as the balloon evaporates, he has hit on something.

Cyborg: Ha!

He snaps his fingers and opens a panel on his chest. A circuit board pops out; he removes this and slips it into a slot on the dash. Rubbing his hands gleefully, he tries the starter button again. This time, the engine sputters as he grimaces nervously, and then it roars in full voice and brings an enormous smile to his face.

Dissolve to him standing by the vehicle, which is now covered with a tarp. His garage doubles as the storage area of Titans Tower seen in "Final Exam" and "Switched." The other Titans are gathered nearby.

Cyborg: Drum roll, please!

Beast Boy turns into a lemur and starts thumping his belly to fill the request.

Cyborg: Ladies and gentlemen, and whatever Beast Boy is...

Beast Boy returns to his human form.

Beast Boy: Hey, Cyborg. You want a drum roll or not?

He drops out of sight, and the sound effect, the real thing this time, he starts back up.

Cyborg: Sorry. It is my great pleasure to present, for the first time anywhere, the thing you've all been waiting for, my coolest, hottest, baddest creation--

Raven: Just get on with it.

Cyborg: I give you the future of Titans transportation, the one, the only...

He whips the tarp away, backing o.c. as he does so. The car he built stands fully exposed for the first time: white body with blue trim along sides and front bumper that resembles the circuitry seen through the transparent coverings on Cyborg's body.

Cyborg: ...T-CAR!!

Cut to Robin, who stares wide-eyed in admiration. The other four onlookers peek out from behind him; Raven is considerably less enthused than the rest.

Beast Boy: Dude!

Robin: Cool!

Starfire: Oooooh!

Mason: Sweetness!

Cyborg: Yep, she's my baby.

Cut to a close-up of each part as he names it.

Cyborg: One-hundred-thousand-horsepower plasma-turbine engine...all-terrain hoverjets...antilock air brakes...and an onboard computer that links with my systems, so I can literally feel the road.