S3: Crash

The episode opens to a computer screen that shows the Titans' insignia and the word "DOWNLOAD." The sound of clicking keys is heard; this soon stops as the circle starts to fill in red, as if a clock's second hand were sweeping across it.

Beast Boy: Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on...

By the end of this, the circle has gone entirely red, a monkey's face appears on it, and the text changes to "COMPLETE." Tilt down slightly; a CD-ROM is ejected from the unit, and the camera cuts to the impatient young man, he is in his room.

Beast Boy: Ha! I'm a genius!

In "Super Deformed" style, he types at his computer as multicolored padlocks scroll by behind him and snap open. During the next line, two more shots slide into view to tile the screen. The first is the exterior of Titans Tower, which takes up the right half; a dotted line traces from the CPU to the operations center, marking his connection. The second one slides up to occupy the bottom right corner; it shows a radio tower, and Beast Boy's signal traces to it.

Beast Boy: By simply turning off all those useless security programs and connecting directly to an underground server in eastern Zandia...

A second SD image of the Titan rises into view, eagerly clutching his prize, and takes over.

Beast Boy: ...I, Beast Boy, have gotten my hands on an advance copy of the hottest video game ever...

A new shot spins up, showing three monkeys, one aiming a blaster, one using a walkie-talkie, one ready to slug it out, all wearing goggles. The number 4 is at the center of the group.

Beast Boy: ...Mega-Monkeys Four!

The gag ends. Cut to the hall; his door opens and he whips out around a corner, so fast that he is visible only as a black/magenta streak. Elsewhere, Robin and Starfire are standing around.

Starfire: And then--

Beast Boy flashes past them, spooking her so badly that she jumps into Robin's arms. In the operations center, the door opens and he reaches a computer console in one swift bound. The CD is slid home, and he hits the couch with a GameStation controller in hand.

Beast Boy: Look out, monkeys, here I--

Before he can get the last word out, the console ejects the software forcefully enough to make it clatter on the floor. A question mark pops up by the would-be gamer's head.

Beast Boy: Huh? Hmm. GameStation must not have enough horsepower...but I bet the Titan mainframe does.

The hall again. Lost in a book, Raven approaches the operations center door, which opens to let Beast Boy out, her cloak is blown aside by his passage. Elsewhere in the Tower, he stops in front of a computer screen that fills an entire wall and works its keyboard. Up pops a circle with a dot at its center-a clock/pie-graph progress meter, and the word "LOADING." After a moment, a lightning bolt superimposes itself on this and the system buzzes to signify an error.

Beast Boy: Ugh! Aw, man! Isn't there a computer around here that can play this thing?

A forehead vein throbs for a couple of seconds before inspiration strikes.

Beast Boy: Ha!

He grabs the CD and bugs out. Cut to outside the closed door of Cyborg's room, where he skids to a stop with his back to it. After a furtive look around, he opens it, backs in, and closes again. Cut to him inside; now he faces into the room.

Beast Boy: If Cyborg's computer can't handle this...

His perspective, panning slowly across from desk to repair/diagnostic bay. A large monitor sits in the latter corner. Snoring is heard, and Z's are floating from a small icon on the screen.