S3: The Beast Within

Open to the full moon, shining between a few isolated clouds in the night sky. Tilt down to an ominous-looking installation of buildings protected by a chain-link fence; a "KEEP OUT" sign adorns the latter, and it is topped with barbed wire.

The focus is initially on the structures, but it shifts to the fence after a moment as a clamor of animals starts up inside. Inside, the camera pans along a row of them in cages; this is a research facility, and stops to point down another aisle lined with them.

A punch lands o.c, Beast Boy's yell is heard, and he slams up against a nearby computer. He bounces away and off the cages; pan to follow him across the laboratory to Mason, Robin, Cyborg, and Starfire. When he sits up, his eyes spin like slot-machine reels and stop to show the word "TILT".

On the next line, he stands and pulls an X-ray screen in front of himself; two organs are highlighted as tears stream from his eyes.

Beast Boy: I think my appendix and my spleen just switched places.

The gag ends. Cut to a gigantic, muscular, male figure striding across the room. He wears red full-body armor with gray highlights, and a gray A is set in the breastplate. This is Adonis; when he speaks, he sounds like a California surfer dude. This is the one who laid out Beast Boy.

Adonis: You wimps think you can take down Adonis?

Mason: No. But your mother told me otherwise.

A forehead vein throbs at the ninja's quip as he holds out his hand and flicks his fingers toward himself

Adonis: Bring it on.

Raven joins the others.

Beast Boy: Dude, it is totally brunged!...branged!

Raven: Ooh, bad grammar. That oughta scare him.

Beast Boy's forehead vein throbs on this line, visibly irritated with Raven.

Robin: Titans! Go!

He brings out his fighting staff as all five charge, then leaps toward the towering enemy with a yell. Adonis blocks his swing easily and knocks away Beast Boy in wolf form, but a three-way crossfire from Mason, Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire puts him off balance.

Cut to a slow pan along the cages, the animals inside making enough racket to wake an entire neighborhood, then to Robin coming in for another hit. A brief tussle with Adonis ends when one armored hand closes around the staff and the other delivers a crashing jab that sends Robin all the way up to the ceiling. Tilt down as he tumbles to the floor, having lost the weapon; the two girls and Beast Boy, back in human form, regroup nearby.

Adonis raises the staff in both hands, then brings it down and bends it double as if it were a licorice stick. A beefy growl escapes his lips as he tosses the thing over his shoulder.

Adonis: You're just making me more ripped!

He promptly gets a few starbolts to the face and chest, and Starfire follows up by hoisting a cabinet to throw at him. Her perspective: she lets it fly with a yell. Close-up of one red-booted foot, which cracks the floor under the impact, then pull back. Adonis has dropped to his knees and caught the cabinet, balancing it on his back and groaning with effort.

Adonis: No pain, no gain!

He heaves the weight right back at Starfire, who catches it squarely in the face and is plowed backward. Now Raven moves in, extending her powers over the massive body to stop him cold; as he strains against the hold, she and Cyborg move in for the next go. Just then, Adonis wrenches himself free and the two Titans are flung backward in the black wash. In a heartbeat, he has her shoulders pinned to the floor.